01-14-10 09:17 PM
1,410 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    I have read the first 700 posts but was not able to find anything confirming the format of the code that I received being correct, hence my request for help.
    Not true, codes are posted here more than once.

Had you read the forum or used the search you would have seen that.
    09-18-08 06:29 AM
    hi all. I brought up the menu but its asking for a network code? Where do I get this code? Thx
    09-18-08 04:08 PM
    I found the answer in the thread. When i talked to a friend @ att i was told that they wouold not give code unless u plan on renewing ur contract with them.
    09-18-08 04:28 PM
    I found the answer in the thread. When i talked to a friend @ att i was told that they wouold not give code unless u plan on renewing ur contract with them.
    Patients grasshopper patients!!!

They will give up the code without a contract. Escalate your request.

Remember,your going to Italy next week.

I got mine without even being a customer.
    09-18-08 08:39 PM
    Hi evry1 i am a newb but i have read the whole thread and i did it for free i called att and they gave me the code for free and i unlocked my curve .....i dont even have an account with att i just called and told them i was goin to europe and that my flight leaves in 6hrs and i didnt wanna loose contact with my family ... i even messed up and told them well my wife found the phone
    09-19-08 12:01 AM
    Hi evry1 i am a newb but i have read the whole thread and i did it for free i called att and they gave me the code for free and i unlocked my curve .....i dont even have an account with att i just called and told them i was goin to europe and that my flight leaves in 6hrs and i didnt wanna loose contact with my family ... i even messed up and told them well my wife found the phone
    Excellent!!!!!
    09-19-08 06:51 AM
    With AT&T I broke my first 8310 and ordered a new one. A buddy of mine wanted the old one and he uses T-Mobile. So I called AT&T and told the lady what i wanted to do and with out any questions or attitude she e-mailed me the unlock code. I think it is all in how you talk to them and what your request is.
    09-19-08 02:16 PM
    what does unlock do for you? sorry this might be a stupid question but im new to this forum. i did'nt know my curve could do all this cool stuff
    09-22-08 07:18 PM
    Quick FYI!!

Just tried to unlock my brand new 8320 Curve and T-Mobile told me that I need to wait 90 days before I'm eligible for unlocking.
    09-23-08 03:04 PM
    so if i unlock my curve from the ATT **** it is in, i wont be able to use it with verizon? unlocked phones dont work on there network? is this true? is anyone running an unlocked phone on verizons network??
    09-23-08 08:04 PM
    Quick FYI!!

Just tried to unlock my brand new 8320 Curve and T-Mobile told me that I need to wait 90 days before I'm eligible for unlocking.
    I have ATT and this is what I did. I know I probably could have called them and got my unlock code, but instead I went on ebay. I searched for a dealer with very high feedback ratings. I paid $9.95 for my unlock code and I had it and unlocked my 8310 within one hour.
    09-23-08 08:50 PM
    WhooHoo! I bought a Curve yesterday from ATT and today I called customer service to unlock it. The first person told me I had to have the phone for 3 months before they would unlock it, I told her I'd bring the phone back and cancel my subsription and she said the other alternative was to go through international service and ask them. She transferred me, the guy asked me if I wanted an international plan, I said "no, I use a phone cards that costs me 9 cents a minute to call Europe)" then asked me why I wanted to unlock my phone. Told him my family lives in Italy and France (which is true) and I have SIM cards from both countries which I need to make local calls. He went ahead and gave me the unlocking code which worked at the first attempt. I thought it was going to be harder.
    09-23-08 11:01 PM
    Made this a 'sticky' for the moment. Since we're in the phase of releasing the Curve, am sure we'll get a lot of questions about this...

Thanks to the both of you for the info thus far...
    Sir, If I triyd to unlock Blackberry 8100 by follwing step bellow than show "MEP LEFT 2XX"

Here is my opareting stave:-

1 - Using the menu go to Settings Menu -> SIM card press select.
    2 - While holding the SHIFT key, type MEPD

If show "MEP LEFT 2XX" than how i can enter unlock code ?
    09-25-08 11:31 AM
    ANY HELP WITH THAT WOULD BE GREAT,

JBOVENDER@HOTMAIL.COM
    09-25-08 09:19 PM
    Ok, I'm brand new here, and have had my 8330 for a whole 3 days now. I'm guessing this information applies to a used phone, or when switching providers? So it isn't something I need to worry about?
    09-25-08 10:24 PM
    I called att and got a unlock code from the international part of att. They said I have to put another country sim card in my phone so I can unlock it with the code I have. Is this true?
    09-25-08 10:38 PM
    Sorry, I can't post links yet, I am a NooB, LOL. I spoke with ATT CS this morning and he said these are the instructions you need to do to unlock your phone. (BB).

forums.crackberry.com/f3/unlock-your-bb-free-never-pay-anyone-20002
    09-26-08 03:09 AM
    ummm what exactly is mep or mepd??
    09-27-08 05:11 AM
    Anybody know how to access the MEP mode? Its not the usual M-E-P-D or M-E-P-P-D. Any ideas?
    its mep alt 2
    09-30-08 08:00 AM
    I called att and got a unlock code from the international part of att. They said I have to put another country sim card in my phone so I can unlock it with the code I have. Is this true?
    Not true.

I unlocked mine w/out a sim in there at all.
    09-30-08 08:32 AM
    Thanks for this thread! I gave my AT&T BB Curve to a T-Mobile friend. We used the instructions here to get to the login screen, called AT&T customer care, and the lady just gave me the number like it was no big deal.

Phone, SMS, and web works great.

I assume my friend still has to call T-Mobile and explain that her Pearl just became a Curve, right?

Thanks!
    09-30-08 10:52 PM
    Thanks for this thread! I gave my AT&T BB Curve to a T-Mobile friend. We used the instructions here to get to the login screen, called AT&T customer care, and the lady just gave me the number like it was no big deal.

Phone, SMS, and web works great.

I assume my friend still has to call T-Mobile and explain that her Pearl just became a Curve, right?

Thanks!
    Excellent!!!
    09-30-08 10:56 PM
    ok no heres for u newbees no matter what weather ur sim is in or not u can still do it go to manage connections hit turn all connections off then go to options,advanced options sim card then hold alt then hit mepd then hold alt again and press mep2 then it'll ask u for the unlock code and thats it hope it helps man
    10-01-08 12:33 AM
    Newbie of the BB curve tit. i have tmobile service and i want to unlock phone. any free codes out there. I have the IME # thanks
    10-01-08 02:58 PM
    It does work. And as for your question, i have had 4 Curves pass through my hands - so yes.

And everytime it worked for me....

Do a battery pull then try again...
    I need your help, I have a black berry 8320 but i am located in the caribbean and I am not sure how to unlock this phone. The carrier that I am with is a caribbean company by the name of Cable and Wirless and it is also in the UK...Please can someone help me ASAP... I went to Miami with the phone and used a At&t chip and it stated invalid chip, so i am not sure what I need to do...

Glennis
    10-01-08 05:06 PM
1,410 ... 2829303132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD