01-14-10 09:17 PM
1,410 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    As you all know by now, CellOne and AT&T merged. I bought my curve with CellOne in Jan 08, was missed informed and told I would be able to use it after the merge and would just need a new sim card. Our family plan was eligible for upgrade and was told I had to buy a new one thru AT&T instead of just giving me the card. Needless to say at that time I could not purchase a new one and felt that I shouldn't have to or at least gotten it at a refurbished price. None the less....I WANT MY CURVE BACK!!!!

How do I get this to work? I do have an AT&T sim card, I am using a Sony Ericsson at the moment. Once I get this working....how do I get my plan switched to work with the BB.

HELP...Going Curveless!!!
    MaMaCradd
    07-11-08 11:24 PM
    How do I change the name displayed on Blackberry Messenger?

Thanks!

Darryl Tedford
    07-12-08 03:47 AM
    When I went to my Blackberry 8310 the sale person just reused my SIM card from my moto T720. Is it possible now to unlock the T720 without a sim card in it? How would I do this? The Provider is the same AT&T for both. Would CS help with this or that AT&T international CS help? Perhaps I can then get a prepaid Card to make this phone active to give to my mom. Suggestions?
    07-13-08 01:20 AM
    When I went to my Blackberry 8310 the sale person just reused my SIM card from my moto T720. Is it possible now to unlock the T720 without a sim card in it? How would I do this? The Provider is the same AT&T for both. Would CS help with this or that AT&T international CS help? Perhaps I can then get a prepaid Card to make this phone active to give to my mom. Suggestions?
    Yes, yes, and yes!
    07-13-08 01:22 AM
    Called Tmo and a day later 8320 unlocked!
    07-16-08 12:48 AM
    I have a verizon curve 8830 that was given to me as i gift , i have at7t as a provider how do i use it on the at7t network. I can't fine the location on the sim card..... PLEASE HELP with detail instructions...
    07-17-08 10:06 PM
    can someone please send me an unlock code for my curve

Curve 8310
    Email me @ Nickflanagan@inbox.com
    THANKS
    Last edited by nickflanagan; 07-18-08 at 03:57 PM.
    07-18-08 02:35 PM
    can someone please send me an unlock code for my curve

Curve 8310
    Email me @ Nickflanagan@inbox.com
    THANKS
    ONE POST!!!!!!!!!! read posts 1-600!!
    07-18-08 05:26 PM
    ONE POST!!!!!!!!!! read posts 1-600!!
    Hahaha!
    07-18-08 07:45 PM
    ok i just bought my curve and i have the unlock code. when i type in mepd and mep2 nothing comes up.. do i need to have an AT&T sim card in it to unlock it? and if so, will a prepaid one work?
    07-19-08 10:55 AM
    ok i just bought my curve and i have the unlock code. when i type in mepd and mep2 nothing comes up.. do i need to have an AT&T sim card in it to unlock it? and if so, will a prepaid one work?
    I unlocked mine without a sim card in there. 8310
    07-19-08 11:00 AM
    yeah i got it. i don't know why it wasn't coming up buy after i few reboots it worked.
    07-19-08 11:12 AM
    I get my phones unlocked by having tmobile send me an unlock code. I've been a long time customer maybe that's why I get them hassle free who knows. Anyways - unlock it to use a prepaid sim when I'm going to be somewhere with bad or no service from tmobile, that's what I tell em.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-08 06:01 PM
    I have a verizon curve 8830 that was given to me as i gift , i have at7t as a provider how do i use it on the at7t network. I can't fine the location on the sim card..... PLEASE HELP with detail instructions...
    You can't use a verizon phone on a gsm network. Two different network types. Also you noticed the lack of a place to put the sim card. If I were you I'd sell that phone on ebay and buy a gsm model.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-08 06:03 PM
    I am wondering, unlocking the curve? what does this give you?

I am new to the bb family one week old now.
    07-21-08 08:52 AM
    Just curious about this unlocking thing.
    When I go into the SIM options and type MEPD, extra info appears.
    The questions are (for an ATT 8310):
    Is the unit unlocked, or not?
    If I do unlock it, what settings would change?

ID:__________________XXXXXXXX
    Personalization
    SIM________________Disabled
    Network____________Active
    Network Subset_____Disabled
    Service Provider___Disabled
    Corporate__________Disabled
    Phone Number
    XXXXXXXXXX
    07-21-08 09:40 AM
    Just curious about this unlocking thing.
    When I go into the SIM options and type MEPD, extra info appears.
    The questions are (for an ATT 8310):
    Is the unit unlocked, or not?
    If I do unlock it, what settings would change?

ID:__________________XXXXXXXX
    Personalization
    SIM________________Disabled
    Network____________Active
    Network Subset_____Disabled
    Service Provider___Disabled
    Corporate__________Disabled
    Phone Number
    XXXXXXXXXX
    All the settings would say disabled.
    07-21-08 09:35 PM
    All the settings would say disabled.
    thanks!

btw, is there a description of these settings anywhere?
    07-21-08 10:00 PM
    what you have a rogers phone from canada is it still posible
    07-22-08 10:41 PM
    what if it asks you for an MEP CODE
    07-22-08 10:54 PM
    Read the first 600 posts!
    07-22-08 10:55 PM
    I know the MEP code is dependent on each BlackBerry's IMEI #, but where can I find my Berry's IMEI #? I found it once before, but forget where it is.

THANKS.
    07-23-08 06:28 PM
    The number is on the back of your phone under the battery.
    07-23-08 07:52 PM
    Options - Advanced Options - Sim Card - type MEPD then MEP2

and hey presto.
    But where do you type it?? Would it work with an O2 blackberry with a pay-up O2 sim card??

Thanks!
    07-25-08 07:24 AM
    Nice forum guys from a blackberry curve newbie.

The law that allowed unlocking is called the DMCA, the Digital Millinium Copyright Act. It was passed in November 2006 and is ONLY good for 3 years!

In another year the copyright office will seek comments from people and they have to prove why the unlock exemption should be renewed. If they do that, then it will be good for another 3 years or until congress incorporates it into law.

Anyone wants to know more, just ask.

I am an ATT customer. I purchased an used Blackberry curve that was locked to T-Mobile. When I called ATT, they referred me to T-Mobile claiming that the agreement is between RIM and T-Mobile. When I called T-Mobile, they claimed that they can provide it only if I have an account with them. They refuse to ack the DMCA. Any suggestion?
    07-25-08 03:46 PM
1,410 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD