01-14-10 08:17 PM
1,410 ... 2223242526 ...
tools
    I sent them another email detailing the issue (in what I thought was plain english) and I swear to God this is the reply I got:

"SJC, I regret to inform you but you have not provided me the information needed to verify the account. Without being able to verify the account, we will not be able to further assist you for security purposes. Please reply back to this e-mail with your T-Mobile phone number and the last four digits of the Social Security Number/Password on the account."

I made it perfectly clear in my email that i'm an American who's working abroad and that not only am I not a T Mobile customer but I am in Australia for the next year and therefore becoming a T Mobile customer is simply not an option.

I've been in Australia for 2 weeks now and the time difference is killing me so I haven't been able to call them myself.

Is someone out there able to phone up T Mobile and get me the unlock code if I give you the IMEI (or whatever it is) code? Seriously I'm beyond desparate at this stage. They don't even have the 8320 in Australia so it's not like I can go out and buy another one.

Sincerely,

Pulling My Hair Out
    06-11-08 09:19 PM
    NO email, MUST SPEAK TO LIVE PERSON.
    06-11-08 09:45 PM
    where do you get the code from or what does it entail?
    06-12-08 09:05 AM
    where do you get the code from or what does it entail?
    Read posts 1-554!! Its all there,please don't ask a question thats been answered.
    06-12-08 01:54 PM
    I just called 611 on my BB and told customer service I was going overseas and needed to be unlocked. I answered the questions they asked and they said I would get an email with code and instructions within 24 hours and I did. So people here it is without my code or personal info. Just call and ask them for it.

T-Mobile Sim Unlock Request
    Sim Unlock Reference: XXXXXXX
    IMEI: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Unlock Code: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. Below you will see the Instructions for unlocking your Blackberry Curve device.

1. Press the Menu key.
    2. Scroll to and select Manage Connections.
    3. Select Turn All Connections Off.
    4. Press the red end key or the Escape key to go back to the Home screen
    5. Scroll to and select the Options icon.
    6. Scroll to and select Advanced Options.
    7. Scroll to and select SIM Card.
    8. Type MEPD
    Note: When typing in MEPD the letters will not appear on the screen. This step opens up the personalization on the device.
    9. Hold down the Alt key and type in MEP2.
    Note: When typing in MEP2 the letters/number will not appear on the screen. This Step opens up the Enter Network MEP code box.
    10. Enter the unlock code.
    11. Press the trackball (code accepted should display)
    12. Press and hold the red End key to turn the handheld off and then back on.
    13. Once the device has powered on, follow steps 1 & 2 and select Restore Connections.

Thank You,

Sim Unlock Department
    T-Mobile USA, Inc.
    06-12-08 02:09 PM
    i did what u guys said to do and then it says enter network mep code(10 left): what do i type in? am in the caribbean...help me please..digicel is my local carrier...and the phone do has a chip...
    06-12-08 04:19 PM
    So I have my unlock code, but also have a few questions about SIM cards. Forgive me in advance for my ignorance on this...

Where can I get a SIM card (I'm assuming I'd need an AT&T card since I'm with T-Mo)? Does AT&T sell SIM Cards without contracts? How much is a pay-as-you-go SIM or do they follow the same principle as a calling card where you pay upfront for so many minutes?

I noticed that there are quite a few cards for sale on Ebay...anyone ever buy any there? Anything I should watch out for if that's what I choose to do (beyond the ratings of the seller, of course)?

Thanks!
    06-12-08 04:29 PM
    hojo do u know the digicel network MEP code?
    06-12-08 08:26 PM
    So I have my unlock code, but also have a few questions about SIM cards. Forgive me in advance for my ignorance on this...

Where can I get a SIM card (I'm assuming I'd need an AT&T card since I'm with T-Mo)? Does AT&T sell SIM Cards without contracts? How much is a pay-as-you-go SIM or do they follow the same principle as a calling card where you pay upfront for so many minutes?

I noticed that there are quite a few cards for sale on Ebay...anyone ever buy any there? Anything I should watch out for if that's what I choose to do (beyond the ratings of the seller, of course)?

Thanks!
    I bought $100 sims on ebay before for $92.00.

No problems.
    06-12-08 09:33 PM
    Hi all I just bought a blackberry curve 8310 from Rogers which locked through Rogers and I wanna use it FIDO as well as worldwide. Please help me by providing the software or instruction how to unlock it properly and I will really appreciate it. Thank's

My Email is : asdsabbir@yahoo.ca
    06-13-08 11:34 PM
    Hi. I currently use a Blackberry 8310 on AT&T service. While trying to unlock the device, I followed the instructions posted here and I was asked for a network MEP code (10 left) What is that and where do I get one? Thanks.
    06-13-08 11:42 PM
    Hi. I currently use a Blackberry 8310 on AT&T service. While trying to unlock the device, I followed the instructions posted here and I was asked for a network MEP code (10 left) What is that and where do I get one? Thanks.

From your carrier (free) or a 3rd party vendor (you have to pay). But you would know that if you read through this thread.
    06-13-08 11:48 PM
    Hi all I just bought a blackberry curve 8310 from Rogers which locked through Rogers and I wanna use it FIDO as well as worldwide. Please help me by providing the software or instruction how to unlock it properly and I will really appreciate it. Thank's

My Email is : asdsabbir@yahoo.ca
    READ POSTS 1-554!!!
    06-14-08 06:57 AM
    READ POSTS 1-554
    06-14-08 06:58 AM
    What is the best 3rd party's website for unlocking?
    06-14-08 01:21 PM
    I called my service provider (AT&T) and they wouldn't give me a code. Guess I'll have to use a service and pay for one.

And, after posting my previous question, I DID read what everyone posted.
    06-15-08 08:40 AM
    I called my service provider (AT&T) and they wouldn't give me a code. Guess I'll have to use a service and pay for one.

NO YOU DON'T!!!

They have to call att just like you did.

What was their basis for the refusal? What did you tell them?
    06-15-08 01:46 PM

Follow the link at bottom of my signature for more details on free unlocking.
    06-15-08 01:48 PM
    NO YOU DON'T!!!
    You tell em Ant, Tell csr your going overseas they will give it to you ever if your not on their network. It has worked for me more than once.
    06-15-08 02:36 PM
    Stupid question incoming I have a 8330 verizon. Is there any benefit to unlocking this and what will it do if I unlock it? Forgive the question if it was repeated somewhere in this thread I'm on wap and just jumped to the end after the 4 page.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-08 11:40 AM
    I bought $100 sims on ebay before for $92.00.

No problems.
    Good to know, thanks!
    06-16-08 12:58 PM
    NO YOU DON'T!!!

They have to call att just like you did.

What was their basis for the refusal? What did you tell them?
    Hi Ant. "Joe Negative" @ AT&T told me that if I'm going to be traveling, I can have a code. I told AT&T that I was traveling to Puerto Rico on vacation and they still wouldn't give me the code. I'll be calling them AGAIN and insisting on having them give me a code. I can be obnoxious when I want to be. LL! They will not win on this. If I don't HAVE TO pay for a code, I won't. I refuse.

I checked out your posts. Very informative. Thanks. I'm still new to the site, so I have A LOT of reading to do.
    06-16-08 04:32 PM
    Hi Ant. "Joe Negative" @ AT&T told me that if I'm going to be traveling, I can have a code. I told AT&T that I was traveling to Puerto Rico on vacation and they still wouldn't give me the code. I'll be calling them AGAIN and insisting on having them give me a code. I can be obnoxious when I want to be. LL! They will not win on this. If I don't HAVE TO pay for a code, I won't. I refuse.

I checked out your posts. Very informative. Thanks. I'm still new to the site, so I have A LOT of reading to do.
    WIS,

How did you come up with P R? Thats still US.

Your going to Italy next week, Italy, not P R.

You will get the code, that I can guarantee!!!!
    06-16-08 08:01 PM
    Is it possible to unlock an A&T 8830 for use on Tmobile?

If so how/where would I find instructions to do this?
    06-16-08 08:56 PM
    Is it possible to unlock an A&T 8830 for use on Tmobile?

If so how/where would I find instructions to do this?
    Read posts 1-554 and for free click link below.
    06-16-08 09:52 PM
1,410 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD