01-14-10 09:17 PM
1,410 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    Is there a way to lock it after unlocking it? I have only put in MEPD so far. I stopped before MEP2 because I was a little scared. When you unlock a phone is that so you can use a nother provider? I have an AT&T 8300.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Continue your unlocking procedure, and don't stop this time.

There's no disadvantage to unlocking. Yes the unlocked phone can be used with any provider.
    05-09-08 11:39 PM
    i called the international at&t if i can get the MEP code, and after i gave my IME, they said that they couldnt find a MEP code for my Curve 8300!!
    05-10-08 02:24 AM
    Some friend of mine gave me a 8320 to unlock, I have the MEP but the message says Enter MEP Network Code (0 left), and the code did not work, how can I reset the "0 left"?????
    05-11-08 11:03 AM
    Some friend of mine gave me a 8320 to unlock, I have the MEP but the message says Enter MEP Network Code (0 left), and the code did not work, how can I reset the "0 left"?????
    Very simply, you can't.
    Sounds like someone exhausted all ten of the attempts to enter the correct code, and if I'm not mistaken it is now permanently locked to your carrier.

Meaning, it can still be used but cannot ever be unlocked.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 05-11-08 at 11:46 AM.
    05-11-08 11:43 AM
    Ouch, that sucks.
    05-11-08 01:00 PM
    Hello,

When I type MEPD on my Blackberry 8300 with AT&T as carrier here's what I got but nothing comes up on MEP2:

SIM CARD: Security Disabled
    ID:
    Personalization:
    SIM Disabled
    Network Disabled
    Network Subset Disabled
    Service Provider Disabled
    Corporate Disabled
    Phone Number:

What's the next step. Also, phone are off when using MEPD and MEP2.
    05-11-08 08:18 PM
    Hello,

When I type MEPD on my Blackberry 8300 with AT&T as carrier here's what I got but nothing comes up on MEP2:

ID:
    Personalization:
    SIM Disabled
    Network Disabled
    Network Subset Disabled
    Corporate Disabled
    Phone Number:

What's the next step.
    You are all done. Your phone is unlocked.
    You can now use the SIM from any GSM carrier with your phone.

Also, phone are off when using MEPD and MEP2.
    Not really sure what that means.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 05-11-08 at 08:53 PM.
    05-11-08 08:47 PM
    Hello,

ID:
    Personalization:
    SIM Disabled
    Network Disabled
    Network Subset Disabled
    Corporate Disabled
    Phone Number:

What's the next step. Also, phone are off when using MEPD and MEP2.
    Phone on when performing those tasks.
    05-11-08 10:17 PM
    You are all done. Your phone is unlocked.
    You can now use the SIM from any GSM carrier with your phone.

Not really sure what that means.
    I bought a code from someone on fleabay and give me the instructions to use MEPD and MEP2 then the code. When I pres MEPD and MEP2 it does not give me a prompt to apply the code. Are you saying the phone is unlocked even I have not put the code?

Phone-off means wireless is off.

Thanks for the response.
    05-12-08 12:35 AM
    Phone on when performing those tasks.
    Phone-off, I mean wireless is off. Thanks.
    05-12-08 12:36 AM
    Phone-off, I mean wireless is off. Thanks.
    Go to manage connections and turn it on by either selecting turn on all connections or scrolling down to Mobile Network and press the space key to put a check in the box. Once you have a green circle with a check, hit the menu button to exit.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 05-12-08 at 01:07 AM.
    05-12-08 01:04 AM
    I unlocked my blackberry 8310, but have not noticed increased signal strength. I am still showing an emergency calls only signal at my work. do i need to get a sim card from another carrier? if so, how do i get it? they dont just hand them out, do they?
    05-12-08 12:40 PM
    I unlocked my blackberry 8310, but have not noticed increased signal strength. I am still showing an emergency calls only signal at my work. do i need to get a sim card from another carrier? if so, how do i get it? they dont just hand them out, do they?
    Ebay is where I got mine, then I just add time.
    05-12-08 08:24 PM
    Go to manage connections and turn it on by either selecting turn on all connections or scrolling down to Mobile Network and press the space key to put a check in the box. Once you have a green circle with a check, hit the menu button to exit.
    Yes, I know that but does it mean my curve was already unlock as someone have mentioned in this forum even I did not get a code prompt after inputing MEPD and MEP2?

Thanks for your response.
    05-12-08 08:31 PM
    only when u change providers
    05-13-08 10:05 AM
    I called AT&T, got the unlock code from them, with no problem, but when i entered it into my BB, it said it was an invalid code. I called AT&T and they verified that the code i have is the right one. Anybody have an idea as to what is wrong? I tried 3 times, same error message. I only have six tries left.
    05-13-08 04:55 PM
    I called AT&T, got the unlock code from them, with no problem, but when i entered it into my BB, it said it was an invalid code. I called AT&T and they verified that the code i have is the right one. Anybody have an idea as to what is wrong? I tried 3 times, same error message. I only have six tries left.
    You need the correct code from RIM's database. PM sent.
    05-13-08 04:57 PM
    Im facing the same issue, 0 tries left, there must be something to do with this, a ROM update, some special program that goes into it, dont know, I really need to confirm if we have a piece of junk, I live in Costa Rica (so Tmobile is not an option) mad:
    05-13-08 06:03 PM
    Can anyone help me out? I've already called At&t at least 15 times. 3 times I was successful in getting someone to put in a request--but have not received an unlock code email. I'm tired of waiting. Help!
    05-13-08 08:06 PM
    I bought a code from someone on fleabay and give me the instructions to use MEPD and MEP2 then the code. When I pres MEPD and MEP2 it does not give me a prompt to apply the code. Are you saying the phone is unlocked even I have not put the code?

Phone-off means wireless is off.

Thanks for the response.
    This is a screenshot from my recently unlocked curve. As you will readily see it matches yours, meaning your phone is unlocked. Maybe they did it for you and sent the code as proof (you paid for it) Nonetheless you are unlocked.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 12-30-08 at 03:15 AM.
    05-13-08 08:18 PM
    Im facing the same issue, 0 tries left, there must be something to do with this, a ROM update, some special program that goes into it, dont know, I really need to confirm if we have a piece of junk, I live in Costa Rica (so Tmobile is not an option) mad:
    That is now your 5th post on this forum on this issue. I am simply going to refer you to the previous three answers I gave you.
    05-13-08 08:21 PM
    Can anyone help me out? I've already called At&t at least 15 times. 3 times I was successful in getting someone to put in a request--but have not received an unlock code email. I'm tired of waiting. Help!
    Has it been a week?yet?? I didn't think so.
    05-13-08 08:28 PM
    Has it been a week?yet?? I didn't think so.
    I finally got it after calling again yesterday--apparently they couldn't get the code and finally sent me to someone who could actually put a real request in. They had to get the code from rim.

So when I follow these instructions-I assume since I don't have an at&t sim card I skip that part?
    05-14-08 11:58 AM
    it worked without
    05-14-08 12:17 PM
    can any one give me the code for b/b curve 8300 please 355772015843076 need it badly
    05-14-08 04:48 PM
1,410 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD