01-14-10 08:17 PM
1,410 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    With an unlocked phone, can I then have 2 providers for work and personal and use the same phone just switching out the SIM???
    04-30-08 11:26 AM
    Should work. I think it's rare, but I recall some phones having 2 slots for 2 sims.
    04-30-08 03:28 PM
    With an unlocked phone, can I then have 2 providers for work and personal and use the same phone just switching out the SIM???
    You got it!!!
    04-30-08 08:26 PM
    Hello dear friends,

I have one 8310 and am using it with AIRTEL India(Kerala),, N i would like to unlock it by myself.. i tried the following but it seems i have to enter some network MEP code after,
    Options-Advanced-MEPD-MEP2
    whts tht? pls help me out...
    05-01-08 09:44 AM
    Hello dear friends,

I have one 8310 and am using it with AIRTEL India(Kerala),, N i would like to unlock it by myself.. i tried the following but it seems i have to enter some network MEP code after,
    Options-Advanced-MEPD-MEP2
    whts tht? pls help me out...
    Yes, you got the unlock sequence almost right, but you also need to add SIM after Advanced. Basically this is the sequence for unlocking. But after typing MEP2 you will have to input the 10 digit code which is IMIE dependent. Unless you have the code, you can't unlock the phone.
    05-02-08 06:44 AM
    I called AT&T, got the unlock code from them, with no problem, but when i entered it into my BB, it said it was an invalid code. I called AT&T and they verified that the code i have is the right one. Anybody have an idea as to what is wrong? I tried 3 times, same error message. I only have six tries left.

thanks,
    phil
    05-02-08 03:23 PM
    Okay then, here's a twist on the unlock issue:

1.) bought an 8300 locked to ATT from ebay
    2.) want to use it with my original ATT "blue" SIM
    3.) receive an "invalid SIM" notice on home screen with "blue" SIM
    4.) 8300 works with my other ATT account's "3G SIM"
    5.) Called ATT for "Subsidy Unlock Request" and they could not find IMEI # in their DB.
    6.) They would have to contact RIM directly, but only after verifying ownership/proof of purchase.
    7.) I tried a "power seller" unlocking service from ebay, but they also could not find IMEI # in their database.

Anyone have any suggestions? Is this a problem with the specific device or unlocking code? Any technical reason that my "blue" SIM should not work in an 8300? Any advice or info would be appreciated.
    05-05-08 05:06 AM
    Okay then, here's a twist on the unlock issue:

1.) bought an 8300 locked to ATT from ebay
    2.) want to use it with my original ATT "blue" SIM
    3.) receive an "invalid SIM" notice on home screen with "blue" SIM
    4.) 8300 works with my other ATT account's "3G SIM"
    5.) Called ATT for "Subsidy Unlock Request" and they could not find IMEI # in their DB.
    6.) They would have to contact RIM directly, but only after verifying ownership/proof of purchase.
    7.) I tried a "power seller" unlocking service from ebay, but they also could not find IMEI # in their database.

Anyone have any suggestions? Is this a problem with the specific device or unlocking code? Any technical reason that my "blue" SIM should not work in an 8300? Any advice or info would be appreciated.

You need a code from the Blackberry database. They cost more and take longer to get, but they have all the BB codes.
    05-06-08 10:31 AM
    You need a code from the Blackberry database. They cost more and take longer to get, but they have all the BB codes.
    Yes, I figured that might be the issue. I guess the provider does not have the code in their own DB and now has to spend the extra effort to request it from RIM. Thanks for the confirmation.
    05-06-08 11:12 AM
    Can somebody please confirm what I am trying to do:

I live in canada and just got the BB Curve 8310

I travel to the USA quite a bit and get charged a geat deal for LD and Roaming charges when I am there.

If I get my unit unlocked, am I able to go to the states and pick up a SIM card locally and install and I now have a local number to use.

Thanks
    Karim
    05-06-08 12:55 PM
    Can somebody please confirm what I am trying to do:

I live in canada and just got the BB Curve 8310

I travel to the USA quite a bit and get charged a geat deal for LD and Roaming charges when I am there.

If I get my unit unlocked, am I able to go to the states and pick up a SIM card locally and install and I now have a local number to use.

Thanks
    Karim
    You got it. yes.
    05-06-08 07:30 PM
    Hey everyone. I am an addict. I want my BB to be the best is can possibly be. I am on ATT. I like it and have now plans of changing in the foreseeable future. Can anyone tell me if my BB with be "better" unlocked. And also why, what benefits are their to me bu doing this. and if I do it, will it affect my service or have negative affects to my unit itself? Thanks
    05-06-08 10:33 PM
    So I called AT&T 3 times to request the unlock code and all of them said they can't help me. I am currently with t-mobile and have this Att 8310 curve. Can anyone help? I read every single bulletin and thought it would be as easy as calling and asking for it like the others did. Help me please
    05-06-08 10:56 PM
    So I called AT&T 3 times to request the unlock code and all of them said they can't help me. I am currently with t-mobile and have this Att 8310 curve. Can anyone help? I read every single bulletin and thought it would be as easy as calling and asking for it like the others did. Help me please
    You are traveling to Italy next week. You would like to have the "subsidy" unlock code for your phone, so you can use the phone there with a sim from Italy.

If they say no again, ask for an upper level supervisor. Don't back down,

You'll get it!!!
    05-06-08 11:00 PM
    i just called att and said i was traveling and i need the unlock code. she gave it to me right away no hassels. she even needed to check the training manuel to teach herself how to do it! thanks CB
    05-06-08 11:16 PM
    I don't like this. I guess I'm being too nice. Another 2 people referred me to the internet--I wonder if they get in trouble for helping non att customers.
    05-06-08 11:24 PM
    So I made one last attempt and the Att CS rep was super nice. He first tried to refer me to google to get the code but then he put in the request. He said I should receive an email by the 14th with instructions. I guess I'll be counting the days. Thank you for all your help!
    05-06-08 11:32 PM
    I don't like this. I guess I'm being too nice. Another 2 people referred me to the internet--I wonder if they get in trouble for helping non att customers.
    Great!!! I knew you could do it.

I was not an ATT customer either when I requested my code. They emailed it in a few days with instructions.
    05-07-08 05:22 AM
    does anyone have a free way to get the rogers unlock code?
    05-08-08 07:59 AM
    Still waiting--I hope he didn't BS me.

Great!!! I knew you could do it.

I was not an ATT customer either when I requested my code. They emailed it in a few days with instructions.
    05-08-08 03:38 PM
    It was almost a week for mine.
    05-08-08 06:25 PM
    I am getting an 8310 shortly from EBay in the UK.

It is an O2 bb.

I thought O2 didn't lock their phones. I that correct?
    05-09-08 04:12 AM
    if i unlock my phone, will if effect my user staus with ATT? or will it change any of my setting(profiles) i have set up now.
    05-09-08 05:54 AM
    I called AT&T, got the unlock code from them, with no problem, but when i entered it into my BB, it said it was an invalid code. I called AT&T and they verified that the code i have is the right one. Anybody have an idea as to what is wrong? I tried 3 times, same error message. I only have six tries left.
    05-09-08 10:14 AM
    Is there a way to lock it after unlocking it? I have only put in MEPD so far. I stopped before MEP2 because I was a little scared. When you unlock a phone is that so you can use a nother provider? I have an AT&T 8300.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-08 10:23 PM
1,410 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD