01-14-10 08:17 PM
1,410 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    TMO website says you have to be a customer for 90 days to get the code.

Has anyone had this issue?
    04-22-08 05:16 PM
    I tried to get the code from tmobile twice and both times failed. So I ordered a code from gsmphonesource around 4:45pm this afternoon and received an e-mail from Adam around 10pm! And it worked like a charm the first time I tried
    04-24-08 04:38 AM
    hello all,
    I called AT&T and they gave me the code over the phone, no waiting.
    but when i try to use it, i get a code error message. I have verified the code with AT&T, but it will not work. any suggestions?
    thanks
    Last edited by theshadow62; 04-24-08 at 03:11 PM. Reason: spelling
    04-24-08 03:10 PM
    hello all,
    but when i try to use it, i get a code error message. I have verified the code with AT&T, but it will not work. any suggestions?
    thanks
    ATT has the wrong code. You need one directly from Blackberry.
    04-24-08 03:13 PM
    how do i do that?
    04-24-08 03:18 PM
    Emailed AT&T yesterday (from AT&T wireless site) and got the unlock code today, less than 12 hours later. Now, that's service.
    04-24-08 05:01 PM
    are you able to help me unlock my 8320.i havn't a clue what to do or who to ask?
    04-24-08 10:22 PM
    hello all,
    thanks

does anyone have any ideas that don't involve me spending money on a code?!?
    04-25-08 12:49 PM
    hey whats up i need your help how can i get a MEP code is there a software to get it or what should i do?plz help me
    04-25-08 06:22 PM
    Im still waiting for my unlock codes, she said it was going to take 7 days! WTF
    04-25-08 06:24 PM
    hey whats up did you ever get the software to generate the codes for the blackberry if you do hit me up k or even if you know the name of it i can get it anyway thanks.
    04-25-08 07:39 PM
    hey i know that you cannot send the name of the program but you can send it for me i n a email plz its annandkalloo@gmail.com plz thankls
    04-25-08 07:55 PM
    im lost here with my bb curve 8310 from att-->options, adv, settings then sim card then edit Sim card2..whats the exact code?

e
    04-27-08 01:49 AM
    im lost here with my bb curve 8310 from att-->options, adv, settings then sim card then edit Sim card2..whats the exact code?

e
    I got the same phone from AT&T. Which part of the instruction you don't understand? And also if you're asking for the unlock code, I believe it's different for each phone.

When I emailed them (AT&T) asking for the unlock code, they told me that they'd have to contact manufacturer of the phone (in this case it's RIM) and of course, they'll also need that IMEI number since it's unique for each GSM phone.
    04-27-08 02:33 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well here's my problems guys:

1) I can't call AT&T because phone system is down.

2) I can't send email because I have to register first and they send you a text message for temporary pasword and my phone is not working here in Taiwan!

3) My phone won't work with local sIM card unless it's unlocked.

4) So is it safe to say there is NO WAY to unock this phone from ATT without calling them????

Is this the number I should be calling since it's not working: 800-331-0500

It's a long distance call from TAIWAN and both times I called ATT automated voice says they are "down".

so looks like I can't unlock it this week?

rick
    04-27-08 04:18 PM
    Sorry if this has been asked, but the thread is 30 pages now.

Can a 8330 be unlocked too? Is it recommended? I'm switching to cdma and have no clue about differences from my 8700r.
    04-27-08 09:12 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have recent purchased off a friend a Blackberry Curve 8310.

It's on T-mobile. I want to use it on O2.

I requested my unlock code from T-mobile but they have written back saying blackberry cannot unlock this device!!!

I have heard about reloading software on the blackberry device. Will this work or will i still need to unlock.

I really need some help please.

I am desperate to start using the blackberry!!

Thanks
    04-28-08 12:37 PM
    I have read all thirty pages and didnt find my question so here it is does unlocking your phone increase reception, does it use other towers or just the ones of the provider.
    04-28-08 05:49 PM
    I followed the instructions that were posted on here: options/advanced/sim card/type MEPD/type MEP2

That was after I called AT&T and asked for an unlock code. I've seen posts to pay $20 at a website, but I called AT&T and received the code over the phone after 5 minutes of holding. 5 minutes isn't too bad..

Tested out a friend's T-mobile sim card and it worked.

Thank you to everyone who has posted instructions.
    04-28-08 06:21 PM
    oh and gerts,

it doesn't increase reception unless you change carriers and they have better reception at a particular spot than your previous carrier. Don't know about the towers, sorry
    04-28-08 06:23 PM
    I followed the instructions that were posted on here: options/advanced/sim card/type MEPD/type MEP2

That was after I called AT&T and asked for an unlock code. I've seen posts to pay $20 at a website, but I called AT&T and received the code over the phone after 5 minutes of holding. 5 minutes isn't too bad..

Tested out a friend's T-mobile sim card and it worked.

Thank you to everyone who has posted instructions.
    I'm glad you shared that with us. You have no idea the fight that started here when someone selling services tried to convince folks to pay for this free service. I started a thread just for that purpose here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/unl...-anyone-20002/
    04-28-08 07:31 PM
    Thanks i just wanted to know cuz i have no reception
    04-28-08 09:48 PM
    besides using your phone on another carrier, what is the advantage of unlocking your phone???
    04-29-08 02:27 PM
    besides using your phone on another carrier, what is the advantage of unlocking your phone???
    Use of foreign sims, and resale value.
    04-29-08 08:34 PM
    So everyone, my question again.
    Is it possible to unlock cdma phones and is there a reason to do it? I picked up a new 8330 from Telus and it doesn't seem to be locked down like regular cell phones. I was able to use a mp3 file as a ringtone for example.
    04-29-08 09:50 PM
1,410 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD