01-14-10 08:17 PM
1,410 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    this one sounds like the best idea i've heard yet...
    Thanks, awesome! That did it! I got the unlock code. Will they find out if we unlock it today?
    04-02-08 11:55 AM
    Definitely escalate to 2nd or 3rd level manager.

You have a trip to Italy next week and want to use Italian sim cards in your phone there.

Stick to it. Do not give up. That 90 day is BS. Your not breaking contract.

You WILL get it.
    Thanks for your advice ant17! I just called & requested they reconsider. The agent said he would escalate it & I'd hear back tommorrow. I'll update you.

FWIW I do leave the country for a month on 4/7, so it would be nice to use this phone with my inexpensive SIM card there. And I do honor contracts including my 2 years with T-mobile. How they handle this matter will determine my loyalty after the contract.
    04-02-08 05:12 PM
    Ok. I remember somewhere on the thread, an advice was given to contact the provider, in my case, ATT. However, someone asked previously what to tell to the ATT CSR to request for the unlock code but I didn't see the response. I'm planning to call them later but I don't know what I should tell them. Can someone please help?

Oh, even though I still don't have the unlock code yet, I tried MEPD and MEP2, it didn't bring up the prompt? I do get to the MEPD screen as shown on my image above.

Thanks.
    A brand new 8310 I had was locked to ATT and I was never a customer of ATT, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!
    In less than a week they emailed me the code with instructions.
    04-02-08 08:14 PM
    this may sound stupid but... what exactly does "unlocking" your phone mean?
    04-02-08 10:18 PM
    MEPD can be difficult to type when using SureType (on Pearl's) and with no visual feedback. A safer way may be to use Multitap. Go to Options > Localisation > Input Language (click trackball) and slect a language with Multitap. Save and exit. Open up MemoPad and practise typing MEPD and MEP2 until you can do it reliably then go back to Options > Advanced Options > SIM Card and try again.

I have see this information elsewhere but it seemed worthwhile re-iterating it.
    04-03-08 06:38 AM
    Definitely escalate to 2nd or 3rd level manager.

You have a trip to Italy next week and want to use Italian sim cards in your phone there.

Stick to it. Do not give up. That 90 day is BS. Your not breaking contract.

You WILL get it.
    Sage advice ant17...

I requested T-mobile reconsider yesterday, and they sent me the unlock code this morning. I'm grateful to ant17 & T-mobile!!
    04-03-08 11:19 AM
    this may sound stupid but... what exactly does "unlocking" your phone mean?
    so you can use it any where in the world
    04-05-08 02:44 AM
    Sage advice ant17...

I requested T-mobile reconsider yesterday, and they sent me the unlock code this morning. I'm grateful to ant17 & T-mobile!!
    I just got t mo bout 1 month ago and got it unlocked about 2 weeks later I am in the Army so that may have had something to do with it.
    04-05-08 02:46 AM
    I bought my BB 8300 refurb from ATT and it came unlocked. After doing MEPD, I noticed Security Disabled. It's practically new.

Now if you buy it new, call warranty repair for your provider, my case ATT, state you have issues, you're frustrated .... blah blah blah and they'll send you a refurb'ed one and it'll come unlocked. No cost to you.

Warranty for ATT phones are 1 year from purchase date, so if someone just got it, didn't like it, sold on ebay 3 months later, you buy it. U got 9 months to claim warranty from ATT, u get it unlocked and quite possibly go to another provider.
    04-06-08 08:05 PM
    Unlock Locked At&T Blackberry Curve Pearl 8100 8800 now selling at Ebay Express USD14.99 free shipping!!!!
    04-07-08 10:24 AM
    Never used unlocked BB...will the internet bowser and E-mail work as well on unlocked Blackberry?
    04-07-08 03:59 PM
    Just unlocked my 8310 with the subsidary unlock code that AT&T provided for me. I imagine T-Mobile, Orange, O2 or any other provider will provide the codes too if you ask...

I know this a rehash of what has been given on the last 9-pages...but I thought I would do it again to help those that have come on recently...and don't want to read all the pages (like me).

Very simple...go to options>advanced options>SIM card

When you get to the SIM Card screen...

Type in: mepd

Some info will come up...then...

Type in: mep2

You will see none of those letters appear on the screen, but the prompt will come up to ask you to type in your MEP code. Type in your subsidary code...and the pop-up will appear saying "Code Accepted". You can tell your unlock was a success if the Security setting at the top of the SIM card page says "Security Disabled".

Voila...you're done.
    I went thru the steps until I got to typing in the MEP code which I didn't have. However, it does say SIM Card: Security Disabled. Does that mean it is unlocked?
    04-08-08 07:43 PM
    so what does that do for you? Do you need a code at that point?
    04-09-08 06:08 AM
    I'm getting a Tmob Curve 8320 for use on SunCom,
    1. I need the MEP code for it.
    2. Will WiFi (HotSpot@home) still work?
    3. Will I lose any features going to SunCom?

Help!!
    04-09-08 12:04 PM
    I also need the MEP code for the TMobile Curve 8320, if anyone knows where i can find it , please let me know.
    04-09-08 03:44 PM
    I also need the MEP code for the TMobile Curve 8320, if anyone knows where i can find it , please let me know.
    T-mobile if thats the locking service provider.
    04-09-08 06:52 PM
    i am currently living in Spain and cingular didnt wanted to unblock my BB. how can I unlock it? is it safe? im moving in a few months back to the states, does unlocking the phone can be a problem with cingular?

HELP~ i am a BB new user!!
    04-10-08 04:09 AM
    No need to pay for unlocking. Its a free service from the locking provider.

You ask for the code, they give it with instructions.
    04-10-08 08:12 AM
    i am currently living in Spain and cingular didnt wanted to unblock my BB. how can I unlock it? is it safe? im moving in a few months back to the states, does unlocking the phone can be a problem with cingular?

HELP~ i am a BB new user!!
    No not a problem at all.

If you own the phone and still under contract, tell them you want to use a different sim in the phone.

You are traveling to Indonesia. They will give in to you by email with instructions.
    04-10-08 08:15 AM
    Thanks for all the informations.
    04-10-08 08:54 AM
    hey fellow crackberry addicts, i love u guys so much, i unlocked my old 8300 today with att, they gave me the code and now i turned my best friend to a crackberry addict!!!

taking over the world one curve at a time!
    04-10-08 09:20 AM
    No not a problem at all.

If you own the phone and still under contract, tell them you want to use a different sim in the phone.

You are traveling to Indonesia. They will give in to you by email with instructions.
    I don't have T-mobile, what do I do then?
    04-10-08 09:43 AM
    Anyone got a good MEP generator?
    04-10-08 10:41 AM
    I don't have T-mobile, what do I do then?
    You call who ever it is that you do have.

They all give it.
    04-10-08 12:12 PM
    Options - Advanced Options - Sim Card - type MEPD then MEP2

and hey presto.
    i typed that into my phone, and it says i need network mep code how do i get that code?
    04-10-08 08:18 PM
1,410 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD