So I bought a phone off of someone who said that they got a phone from England locked to Orange. They claimed it would be unlocked, but they lied. I tried to get it unlocked but that person that unlocking it was "impossible". Maybe it's my optimistic attitude, but how can it be impossible?? Apparently he looked every where on the internet and found out that it can't be done, but I'm searching too, and I can't find a site that says the same. Can anyone help?

If it was unclear, my problem is that I have an Orange Blackberry 9700 from the UK that I need unlocked. I went to someone to get it unlocked and they said it was not possible. Help.
    11-16-10 06:06 PM
    If it's a CDMA blackberry, it cannot be unlocked. Go to Options > About and check to see if it says CDMA or 3G, if it takes a sim card, it's unlockable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-10 06:12 PM
    If it takes a SIM card it is GSM and can be easily unlocked. CB even offers the service. If it does not take a SIM card it is CDMA and cannot be unlocked. It must be released by the original carrier and then activated on the new one.
    Last edited by pbflash; 11-16-10 at 07:09 PM.
    11-16-10 06:16 PM
    There is no CDMA 9700. The 9700 is a GSM device.
    11-16-10 06:51 PM
    Rubbish. I have a Orange UK 9700 that was locked to the network and got it unlocked from the guys here at CB (go to unlocking section to find them).

11-16-10 08:21 PM
    So I bought a phone off of someone who said that they got a phone from England locked to Orange. They claimed it would be unlocked, but they lied. I tried to get it unlocked but that person that unlocking it was "impossible". Maybe it's my optimistic attitude, but how can it be impossible?? Apparently he looked every where on the internet and found out that it can't be done, but I'm searching too, and I can't find a site that says the same. Can anyone help?

If it was unclear, my problem is that I have an Orange Blackberry 9700 from the UK that I need unlocked. I went to someone to get it unlocked and they said it was not possible. Help.
    Totally possible to unlock.
    atang79 likes this.
    11-16-10 08:49 PM
    Unlock Blackberry & Any Cell Phones Remotely by Code | CellUnlock.net

11-16-10 08:51 PM
    Blackberry bold 9700 locked with UK Orange network is a GSM device and it's 100% unlockable, so make sure you get the unlock code from the genuine source because there is only 10 attempts to unlock your device. So get blackberry bold 9700 unlock code and use your phone with any GSM carrier worldwide.
    05-05-12 12:02 PM
    Please no spam and no diggin up old threads
    05-05-12 01:45 PM
    Get it unlocked?
    05-05-12 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD