Hello,

I just bought an unlocked blackberry bold 9700 (At&T) from Ebay. As soon as i got the phone i inserted T-mobile sim card but it said sim card is not recognized. Then the start up screen showed up "MEP check failed. Do you want to enter MEP unlock code?" YES or NO. After that I searched on internet on what might be the problem i found out that if i type mepd in sim card menu in settings menu things such as SIM, Network, network subset, service provider, corporate will show up. All of them were disabled except network. Does this mean the phone is not unlocked? How can I solve this problem?
    03-16-10 02:51 AM
    Yes it is not unlocked and not as described. You will have to call the carrier or purchase one from one of us or any other unlocker on here.
    03-16-10 11:22 AM
    Hello,

I just bought an unlocked blackberry bold 9700 (At&T) from Ebay. As soon as i got the phone i inserted T-mobile sim card but it said sim card is not recognized. Then the start up screen showed up "MEP check failed. Do you want to enter MEP unlock code?" YES or NO. After that I searched on internet on what might be the problem i found out that if i type mepd in sim card menu in settings menu things such as SIM, Network, network subset, service provider, corporate will show up. All of them were disabled except network. Does this mean the phone is not unlocked? How can I solve this problem?
    We got your email and unfortunately your Blackberry is still locked. Network needs to show "Disabled or Inactive".

Once you unlock your phone, you will be able to use it with a T-Mobile SIM card.

Let any of us know if you need help unlocking it.
    03-16-10 01:05 PM
    You need an unlock code in order to unlock the phone, you should contact eBay seller who sold the phone to you.
    03-16-10 01:07 PM
    Just like the boys said..you need an unlock code. All of us on this thread can help you get one. Email us and I'm sure we can work something out given your situation
    03-16-10 09:01 PM
    We can, have, and do price match any price out there! Let us know if you are still looking for an unlock code for your Blackberry!
    03-19-10 12:14 AM
    Enjoy your unlocked Blackberry!
    03-19-10 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD