I need some help with this Blackberry 9650 i have here from sprint but i want to use it under t-mobile. i popped in my sim card and i was able to connect to tmobile's network, i can make calls, go on bbm, and text, but cant access the web and i have a blackbeery data plan on my line. i was wondering if i unlock the phone, will i gain the capability of accessing the web? I was also wondering how i can get rid of the users information of the last person who was using the phone, their sprint number always shows up, i have already master reset the phone, but that didnt work. i appreciate any help i can get. thanks in advance.
    04-16-11 09:45 PM
    Yes ur have full access to ur fones stuff that way I had to pay 25 buxs to get it done
    04-17-11 12:53 AM
    I would think this is more of a service book issue rather than a locked or unlocked problem.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-17-11 01:08 AM
    I would think this is more of a service book issue rather than a locked or unlocked problem.
    That is true. If the device were not unlocked already phone calls and SMS would not work.

T-Mobile does not sell the 9650, so the service books need to be manually loaded. This thread refers to the Storm, but the same steps need to be done to use the 9650 on T-Mobile.
    04-17-11 01:17 AM
    Exactly!

Firstly, Sprint doesn't usually sell their Blackberrys locked to their network

Secondly, if your phone was locked you wouldn't be able to make calls, etc.

Third, it has to do with the service books and phone registration. Did you register the Blackberry to your Tmobile BIS account?
    04-17-11 07:30 PM
    I need some help with this Blackberry 9650 i have here from sprint but i want to use it under t-mobile. i popped in my sim card and i was able to connect to tmobile's network, i can make calls, go on bbm, and text, but cant access the web and i have a blackbeery data plan on my line. i was wondering if i unlock the phone, will i gain the capability of accessing the web? I was also wondering how i can get rid of the users information of the last person who was using the phone, their sprint number always shows up, i have already master reset the phone, but that didnt work. i appreciate any help i can get. thanks in advance.
    You will need get apn setting from tmobile and input into the TCP IP menu in options.. Then you're browser will work just fine.
    04-18-11 09:43 AM
    You can try googling it. Moving your service books over can be frustrating but there are directions online.
    04-19-11 11:05 AM
    If you're able to call with your T-Mobile account it means the phone is already unlocked and as mentioned above the issue you are having is related to loading the proper Service Books manually to your phone.
    04-27-11 11:54 PM
    You can remove the number from the options menu by editing the phone number.
    04-28-11 09:52 AM
    Its a service book issue since the 9650 on Sprint is already unlocked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-11 10:21 AM
    we have instructions for moving phones from verizon to att and tmobile but not from sprint to gsm networks. google is your friend or find someone locally that can help you
    04-30-11 08:31 PM
    Would be the same as long as you have the Service Books of the provider you are switching over to
    05-03-11 04:41 PM
    muy bien! ^
    05-05-11 04:22 PM
    We can help you for moving phone from sprint to gsm networks....
    07-16-11 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD