Watching Youtube videos about unlocking blackberry's, I ran into a video instructing steps to unlock the Blackberry 9650. One of the instructors said on the video that if I unlock a 9650 for Tmobile or ATT, the phone will not be 3G compatible. Basically I won't a Blackberry 9650, on Tmobile but I won't the phone to be able to run 3G speed. Is that possible? Or should I just go with a 9700?
    Sorry I understand this may be a common sense question or one that was already asked but I searched and couldn't find what I was looking for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-10 02:12 PM
    No, you will only get EDGE if you use an unlocked 9650 on T-Mobile. You will need a T-Mobile branded 9700 to get 3G on T-Mobile. You cannot use an AT&T branded 9700 on T-Mobile for 3G either. T-Mobile and AT&T use different 3G frequency bands.
    07-19-10 02:25 PM
    What lak611 said is 100% correct.
    07-19-10 10:50 PM
    Tmobile and Wind Mobile (in Canada) are the only North American networks that share their specific 3G frequencies.....geniuses right?....I think not
    07-20-10 11:28 PM
    Tmobile and Wind Mobile (in Canada) are the only North American networks that share their specific 3G frequencies.....geniuses right?....I think not
    Lol...#fail
    07-21-10 12:04 AM
    Watching Youtube videos about unlocking blackberry's, I ran into a video instructing steps to unlock the Blackberry 9650. One of the instructors said on the video that if I unlock a 9650 for Tmobile or ATT, the phone will not be 3G compatible. Basically I won't a Blackberry 9650, on Tmobile but I won't the phone to be able to run 3G speed. Is that possible? Or should I just go with a 9700?
    Sorry I understand this may be a common sense question or one that was already asked but I searched and couldn't find what I was looking for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    They don't support the frequency bands to do so, Sorry.
    07-21-10 10:33 AM
    Yes they do not support the frequency bands.
    01-21-11 02:31 PM
    yes very annoying! two random carriers
    01-21-11 02:56 PM
    Mobilicity in Canada shares the same frequency as well..
    01-21-11 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD