06-26-12 05:44 PM
30 12
tools
    Hello,

I looked around as best as possible for this answer in the limited time I had today to stop and think so sorry if I missed the answer.

Are the Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650 factory unlocked coming out of the box?

I won one from a contest and I am on AT&T. I live out in the sticks so AT&T and their 3G has not gotten to me, so I figured I use the thing until my next upgrade. I have not gotten it yet(have to pick it up and am busy until Friday) I had a Tour from Verizon before(won in a raffle(I seem to win Sprint and Verizon phones but never an unlocked for AT&T one (sigh) ) and I had to pay for the code to unlock it (it was only $19 so I cannot complain)

I see threads talking about unlocked Sprint Bolds but I did not know if this is every one or just some (like the Tour from Sprint)

So I just wanted to confirm all Sprint Blackberry Bold phones are unlocked already

Thanks
    07-28-10 01:00 AM
    Some are, some arnt. But if its not you can buy an unlock code for a buck on ebay.
    07-28-10 05:00 AM
    First batch was unlocked i know....im not sure about more recent batches...
    07-28-10 06:07 AM
    Sprint's World phones have always been unlocked to my knowledge. This one is no different.
    07-28-10 11:55 AM
    Sprint's World phones have always been unlocked to my knowledge. This one is no different.
    My 9650 is unlocked.
    07-28-10 12:27 PM
    sprint 9650 are unlocked out of the box.period.
    07-28-10 08:25 PM
    I just got a 9650 BB from sprint that is unlocked but i have the "Required Activation" problem that I have been trying to solve for days... Can someone please help me
    07-28-10 09:07 PM
    Hello,

I looked around as best as possible for this answer in the limited time I had today to stop and think so sorry if I missed the answer.

Are the Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650 factory unlocked coming out of the box?

I won one from a contest and I am on AT&T. I live out in the sticks so AT&T and their 3G has not gotten to me, so I figured I use the thing until my next upgrade. I have not gotten it yet(have to pick it up and am busy until Friday) I had a Tour from Verizon before(won in a raffle(I seem to win Sprint and Verizon phones but never an unlocked for AT&T one (sigh) ) and I had to pay for the code to unlock it (it was only $19 so I cannot complain)

I see threads talking about unlocked Sprint Bolds but I did not know if this is every one or just some (like the Tour from Sprint)

So I just wanted to confirm all Sprint Blackberry Bold phones are unlocked already

Thanks

Unlocked, & Ima keepin' it!
    07-28-10 09:11 PM
    well,

a) if you are on sprint, you do have to activate it for it to actually be a telephone :d

b) if you are not on sprint and want to use the gsm, do a search. this has been addressed.

I just got a 9650 BB from sprint that is unlocked but i have the "Required Activation" problem that I have been trying to solve for days... Can someone please help me
    07-29-10 03:26 PM
    Alright,

Thanks for all your replies. I appreciate it.

I got my Sprint Blackberry 9650 (much better then the tour with it having the track pad now)

It is unlocked and I can make/get calls and also get data.

I have the activation required screen in it and my number is not correct. I take it needs a MSL code.

Is there any trusted vendor that I can buy the MSL code from that you recommend?

I usually deal with cellunlock.net and have always had great success with them(it takes longer for me to type in the IMEI then it does them to get me the code) But alas Cellunlock.net has the Verizon version of the 9650 but nothing for the Sprint 9650. I have not gotten an answer from them yet(been a day)

The activation screen is an annoyance but one I can live with until I buy the code, I can still use the phone as a phone with email.

So have you folks that have unlocked Sprint 9650's who did you use to buy your MSL codes? If it breaks rules to list them simply PM me

Thanks
    07-29-10 05:05 PM
    Moved to BB Unlocking You should be able to get the help you need here. Also the owner and some employees of cellunlock.net are members of CB and frequent this forum, don't be surprised if they personally respond to you.
    07-29-10 05:29 PM
    Alright,

Thanks for all your replies. I appreciate it.

I got my Sprint Blackberry 9650 (much better then the tour with it having the track pad now)

It is unlocked and I can make/get calls and also get data.

I have the activation required screen in it and my number is not correct. I take it needs a MSL code.

Is there any trusted vendor that I can buy the MSL code from that you recommend?

I usually deal with cellunlock.net and have always had great success with them(it takes longer for me to type in the IMEI then it does them to get me the code) But alas Cellunlock.net has the Verizon version of the 9650 but nothing for the Sprint 9650. I have not gotten an answer from them yet(been a day)

The activation screen is an annoyance but one I can live with until I buy the code, I can still use the phone as a phone with email.

So have you folks that have unlocked Sprint 9650's who did you use to buy your MSL codes? If it breaks rules to list them simply PM me

Thanks
    Yes we can get you the MSL code We apologize for the email, it might have been caught in Spam because most emails are replied within an hour. Send us another email or PM and we can help you get the MSL code for your Sprint 9650.
    07-29-10 06:05 PM
    Hi. I absolutely have the same annoyance. The activation required status on the top screen. I'm about to place an order on cellunlocknet, but will somebody please verify first if I can trust this site? Sorry, I'm a newbie. Thanks. Same unit, 9650 on sprint.
    01-21-11 11:42 AM
    Hi. I absolutely have the same annoyance. The activation required status on the top screen. I'm about to place an order on cellunlocknet, but will somebody please verify first if I can trust this site? Sorry, I'm a newbie. Thanks. Same unit, 9650 on sprint.
    Yes you can You can check our feedback all over the forums.

We will email you the MSL code that will allow you to remove the "Activation Required" and program your mobile number.
    01-21-11 11:45 AM
    Ok, I will place the order 5 hours later. :P Thanks! I used the coupon by the way. Super nice! Hope it works. Thank you again.
    01-21-11 11:48 AM
    Ok, I will place the order 5 hours later. :P Thanks! I used the coupon by the way. Super nice! Hope it works. Thank you again.
    Great! Yes it will work 100%. Give us the order number when you do so we make sure you get it promptly.

Also please include the MEID DEC which can be found in Options/Status with your order.

Let us know if you have any questions...we are always here to help.
    khutzang likes this.
    01-21-11 11:52 AM
    you are in good hands! cellunlock is great!
    01-21-11 02:14 PM
    Mine was unlocked, i checked with a T-mob Sim.

I got it at the beginning of October.
    01-21-11 02:37 PM
    Glad to hear it! Why'd it take you so long to unlock it?? lol..should be the first thing after charging it!
    01-22-11 02:14 PM
    Perfect. No more "Activation Required" status.
    01-22-11 08:24 PM
    ^sometimes that can be tricky to get off there! glad you got it.
    01-22-11 10:06 PM
    To my understanding, when you unlock your blackberry your disabling the security in the sim card settings right? I have the sprint 9650 and want it to work on verizon. I checked my sim card settings and it says security is disabled, what do I need to do to get it to work on verizon? Please pm if you have an answer. Thank you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-11 11:09 AM
    Will not work on Verizon .. only At&T and T-Mobile on 2G.
    01-24-11 11:43 AM
    To my understanding, when you unlock your blackberry your disabling the security in the sim card settings right? I have the sprint 9650 and want it to work on verizon. I checked my sim card settings and it says security is disabled, what do I need to do to get it to work on verizon? Please pm if you have an answer. Thank you

unlocking only enables you to use your phone on gsm networks. you cannot unlock a sprint phone to work on verizon. sorry
    01-24-11 09:37 PM
    CDMA devices without a SIM card slot, cannot be unlocked.

01-24-11 09:48 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD