I just bought a friends old used blackberry 9530. It was on verizon and is locked. I have a tmobile sim. I want to unlock the phone and have not found anything yet.

I tried to get my friend to call verizon but he switched to att and cannot do so. I am still in college and extremely broke. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to get this done, maybe through usb?? There is no data so I am willing to even rewrite the OS if anyone knows how to.

thats the imei if anyone can help, will really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!!
    Last edited by nsd9530; 10-05-10 at 09:37 PM.
    10-05-10 06:24 PM
    Why not just purchase an unlock code? Use the coupon code "crackb50" and it'll get you an even further discount.

Unlock Blackberry & Any Cell Phones Remotely by Code | CellUnlock.net

The unlocking instructions can be found on the site as well.

CellUnlock.net-Unlocking Instructions
    10-05-10 06:44 PM
    Why not just purchase an unlock code? Use the coupon code "crackb50" and it'll get you an even further discount.

The unlocking instructions can be found on the site as well.
    I read about this but like i said im really broke and i cannot spare the money to buy a code... I have been looking for about 2 days now and have no success.
    Im thinking there has to be another way with all u smart people out there??
    10-05-10 06:59 PM
    You shouldn't post your IMEI in a public forum. It can be used for malicious purposes.

Save your pennies for a few days. Drink one or two fewer beers. Skip the Starbucks. Make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch. And in no time you will have the few dollars for the unlock code.
    10-05-10 07:16 PM
    Or go to the below web site, join for free and request one of the free codes.

berrymods.com
    10-05-10 08:34 PM
    Or go to the below web site, join for free and request one of the free codes.
    Thanks DJM1947, got the code in a matter of minutes... really appreciate it!!
    10-05-10 09:43 PM
    Very new at this, so I probably have a dumb question but I was hoping for some help. I went to berrymods.com as well and they sent me a unlock code. Question is, which one do I use? There is a MEP2 (Network), MEP3 (Network Subset), MEP4 (Service Provider), and MEP5 (Corporate)

Which one do I use?

EDIT: I entered MEP2 and it said "Code accepted" Now under the advanced SIM Card option it says "Network Inactive" Because I currently don't have the Storm attached to account (I want to flash it to Metro, but hey you never know. I might need the unlock in the future.)

I did this correctly, yes? Afraid of messing up my Blackberry.
    Last edited by qnelson22; 10-05-10 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Updating
    10-05-10 10:13 PM
    Very new at this, so I probably have a dumb question but I was hoping for some help. I went to berrymods.com as well and they sent me a unlock code. Question is, which one do I use? There is a MEP2 (Network), MEP3 (Network Subset), MEP4 (Service Provider), and MEP5 (Corporate)

Which one do I use?

EDIT: I entered MEP2 and it said "Code accepted" Now under the advanced SIM Card option it says "Network Inactive" Because I currently don't have the Storm attached to account (I want to flash it to Metro, but hey you never know. I might need the unlock in the future.)

I did this correctly, yes? Afraid of messing up my Blackberry.
    Yes, you did it correctly.
    10-05-10 11:24 PM
    Thanks DJM1947, got the code in a matter of minutes... really appreciate it!!
    You are welcome.
    10-05-10 11:25 PM
    Yes, you did it correctly.
    Thank you very much for helping me out.
    10-05-10 11:42 PM
    I just bought a friends old used blackberry 9530. It was on verizon and is locked. I have a tmobile sim. I want to unlock the phone and have not found anything yet.

I tried to get my friend to call verizon but he switched to att and cannot do so. I am still in college and extremely broke. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to get this done, maybe through usb?? There is no data so I am willing to even rewrite the OS if anyone knows how to.

thats the imei if anyone can help, will really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!!
    We can unlock it for you, just let us know.
    10-07-10 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD