hello all,

i bought a bb bold 9000 recently, and came across the following problem

when i start the phone, when it come out of standby, or when someone calls me durring a call .... the screen is either white or filled with multicolored pixels ... when i move the trackball or press other keys, the screen disappears and everything is fine ...

I've upgraded the OS to 5.0 zain kuwait version from 4.6 ... and the problem persists

any thoughts ? it is very annoying
    03-02-10 04:02 PM
    i wonder if is a hardware or software problem ...
    03-03-10 04:00 PM
    I have the exact same problem and my bold is almost two years old. It started happening recently and has got worst. If the phone goes on standby after a few seconds then the screen comes back either white or multipixelated. Same thing when it comes from the lock to the unlocked mode.

its starting to drive me insane. anyone know what the problem is? do i need a new phone?
    03-09-10 11:56 AM
    Do a search for "white screen problem" or something along those lines - there has been a long thread on the matter, and some people solved their issues by changing OS's, others solved it physically, by placing electrical tape behind a part of the lcd connector or something (I can't remember what they did now). Anyway, the thread is in here somewhere.
    03-10-10 06:38 AM
    I have the same problem with my Bold 9000.
    Could you help me to find forum threads with people solving the problem ?

I don't know why it would be a hardware problem because the phone works fine after a key press.
    I changed the OS yesterday but the problem is still here...

Thanks for the help !
    12-02-10 06:10 AM
    You need to replace the lcd.
    12-02-10 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD