hi i am new to crackberry

i bought a blackberry 8300 thats locked to at&t and i bought a unlock password from ebay not to long ago..

i tried putting in my t-mobile sim card and the a thing pops up saying

device is locked

unlock
    emergency call
    cancel

ive typed the password numerous times and the password doenst seem to work..i reached 11/10 times...(i duno how thats possible)

i then downloaded a software update os5 and wiped the blackberry clean.

i then found a friend that has at&t and placed the sim card in and powered it up. i followed the unlock instructions that crackberry offered and it said it worked!!

i removed the sim card and placed my t-mobile sim card and it still gives me the lock screen!! except i had 10 password trys again!

after this happened i took my friends at&t sim card and placed it back in the blackberry and im STILL at the lockscreen

what in the **** is going on???
    10-14-10 07:28 PM
    The code you bought is probably to unlock it from AT&T so you can take it to another carrier. The phone is asking for an actual password to unlock the phone so you can use it. You need to know the password that the person before put on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-10 08:45 PM
    Correct. That is the lock screen, which indicates the original owner put a password on the phone. That is not where you enter your unlock code.

10-14-10 11:38 PM
    so what do i do?

wouldn't wiping the handheld and installing the new os remove that password??

is this garbage?
    10-15-10 05:14 PM
    Yeah, I think it might, but yet again I never set a password to my phone. You can try it though.

10-15-10 10:40 PM
    get the old passcode.
    10-16-10 09:58 PM
    Ijust had that same problem with my BB from Verizon. What I did is I had to go into the Verizon store and have them run a flash that was supposed to clear the lock. What happened was they did the flash and then told me it didn't work so when I left I kept playing with the password after I left the store. On the last attempt it told me that after one more password failure it would wipe the memory clean. That's exactly what happened so now I have a BB. You could try what I did and see if that works for you....

10-22-10 08:33 AM
    Unfortunately once you reach 10 tries, there is no way to reset it unless you send it out to reset with a repair place that has a dm3 machine.
    10-22-10 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD