08-07-12 10:23 PM
76 1234
tools
    Just a little correction...not any GSM provider, for example the 8220 will not work with Bell/Telus because they only have a 3G HSPA Network and the phone is not 3G compatible. Same way a T-Mobile 9700 will not work on Bell/Telus although the phone is 3G compatible, it's not compatible with the 3G frequency they use, and these carriers don't have 2G Networks.
    Nice information cellunlocknet, appreciated!
    02-12-11 07:31 AM
    Nice information cellunlocknet, appreciated!
    You're welcome!
    02-12-11 09:50 AM
    im very new to fones. whats the advantage of unlocking your blackberry flip? could i browse the web without being asked to pay for it, in wi-fi areas?
    can jump back and forth between gsm networks. raises the re-seller value of your phone. not tied down to one network, so if someone raises their rates you can go somewhere else. to name a few.
    02-13-11 03:08 PM
    ah. i see..... thanks. this blackberry flip is my first smart phone. i guess i've been stuck with a stupid phone. doesn't feel that different, guess i need something like a iphone or the torch.

Once a blackberry is unlocked you'll be able to use it on any gsm carrier worldwide. As for data, you'll need to pay for that with any carrier. If your phone has wifi then you can connect to available wifi networks.
    my flip can't do that. i connect all the time in wi-fi area and it still keep asking me to pay for data transfer. do i have to unlock it?
    02-19-11 12:56 AM
    When you unlock a phone you are able to use a gsm carrier of your choice. Once the phone is unlocked you'll be able to use the features available on the phone.

When you connect to a wifi network you have to do the following:

Go to Manage Connections
    Turn On Wifi
    Then Go to Wifi Options
    Then Click the Blackberry Menu Button and click on New
    After that click on Scan for Networks
    Choose the network that you have available

Now if you step outside of that wifi coverage then you'll fall back on your data plan so maybe that could also be a possibility that your being notified of the data transfer.

If your looking for an affordable cell phone plan then I highly suggest getting Simple Mobile. They have unlimited talk, text, and web for only $60 and the service works wonderfully on blackberrys and iphones.
    We are authorized dealers for Simple Mobile. If you have any questions about the service feel free to call or email us.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!
    02-19-11 03:23 AM
    techmajesty has stated the correct steps for connecting to a wifi network. it should work that way.
    02-19-11 07:44 AM
    thanks! but it's still asking me to get a data plan. my friend used to have this flip phone too and he told me before he could serve the web in wi-fi areas without a plan, but i never asked him if it was unlock or not.
    02-22-11 07:02 PM
    unlocking has nothing to do with wi-fi.
    02-23-11 11:20 AM
    Do you see the WIFI connections when you scan for new networks?
    02-23-11 10:30 PM
    thanks! but it's still asking me to get a data plan. my friend used to have this flip phone too and he told me before he could serve the web in wi-fi areas without a plan, but i never asked him if it was unlock or not.
    You need to go to your Browser settings and change it to a HotSpot browser.
    darthCho likes this.
    02-24-11 03:45 PM
    Usually all BB's don't have this option 'HotSpot Browser' selected as default
    02-25-11 08:12 AM
    You need to go to your Browser settings and change it to a HotSpot browser.
    this works perfect. thank you very much!

too bad the 8220 is pretty slow. hopefully BB will make a model that will match the performance of the iphone.
    03-11-11 01:08 PM

too bad the 8220 is pretty slow. hopefully BB will make a model that will match the performance of the iphone.
    You're welcome! Always a pleasure to help.
    03-14-11 08:55 AM

Good to know your issue was resolved.
    03-15-11 08:23 AM
    do you guys know how to get the google maps going? i downloaded and everything and tried to launch it, "Network unavailable" error pops up, which i am connected through wi-fi during this time (browsing works and everything). its says some blackberry requires configuration. what kind of config is it needing?

i "allowed" all permission as well under google map options.
    Last edited by darthCho; 03-17-11 at 01:12 PM.
    03-17-11 01:02 PM
    do you guys know how to get the google maps going? i downloaded and everything and tried to launch it, "Network unavailable" error pops up, which i am connected through wi-fi during this time (browsing works and everything). its says some blackberry requires configuration. what kind of config is it needing?

You cannot use Google Maps or any other Google app without a BlackBerry data plan. It will not work on Wi-Fi only.
    03-17-11 01:16 PM
    Do you have a Blackberry data plan?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-11 07:45 PM

A mentioned above, some apps will require a Blackberry Data Plan.
    03-17-11 10:12 PM

You could also try using a few other threads on crackberry that have more info on that!
    03-21-11 07:53 PM
    Plenty of helpful threads here
    03-22-11 11:53 AM
    thank you for spamming i guess.
    03-24-11 12:14 PM
    thank you for spamming i guess.
    They never give up...only here to leave links instead of actually helping members...all they do is confuse people and give more work to mods because they have to keep cleaning the boards
    03-25-11 10:42 AM
    I think if they read around a little bit and looked at the other unlocker's they'd realize they'd get a lot more recognition if they help the user's instead of just linking their website

but we'll keep doing what were doing!!
    04-03-11 02:56 PM
    Absolutely agree with you, and that's why it's easy to differentiate the spammers from the helpers
    04-06-11 03:08 PM
    I read the posted instructions on how to unlock my Blackberry 8220. However, "red end key" does not appear in my phone's list following the "Turn All Connections Off" step. What should I do?
    08-07-12 12:09 PM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD