08-07-12 09:23 PM
76 1234
tools
    Network has to be inactive or disabled
    05-11-10 11:33 AM
    well I tried unlocking it before and when I got home, the different sim card didn't work. Does Sim Card Security have to be Disabled?
    You want to look at Network.

Disabled/Inactive= Unlocked
    Enabled/Active=Locked
    05-11-10 11:37 AM
    well that's definitely disabled. the different sim didn't work though
    05-11-10 11:41 AM
    well that's definitely disabled. the different sim didn't work though
    Which SIM card is that? and what message were you getting when trying to use it?
    05-11-10 11:42 AM
    it was my phone provider sim in japan. it didn't say anything, it just didn't connect to the provide - ie, there was no service
    05-11-10 11:44 AM
    it was my phone provider sim in japan. it didn't say anything, it just didn't connect to the provide - ie, there was no service
    Maybe that provider only operates on 3G and the 8220 is not 3G compatible. Which provider was that?
    05-11-10 11:45 AM
    if I remember correctly, it was softbank.
    05-11-10 11:55 AM
    if I remember correctly, it was softbank.
    Softbank's network is 3G 2100, so that may be why your phone wasn't reading the SIM card.
    05-11-10 12:00 PM
    okay. hopefully when I go home home it won't be 3G
    05-11-10 03:12 PM
    Let us know how it works out
    05-12-10 03:37 PM
    These are the directions handed down right from T-Mobile, so all you would need is the individual code for your device.

1. Scroll to and select the Manage Connections icon
    2. Select Turn All Connections Off.
    3. Press the red End key.
    4. Scroll to and select the Settings icon
    5. Scroll to and select the Options icon
    6. Scroll to and select Advanced Options
    7. Scroll to and select SIM Card
    8. Enter MEPPD
    Note: When Typing in MEPPD the letters will not appear on the screen. This step opens up the personalization on the device.
    9. Enter MEPP2
    Note: When Typing in MEPP2 the letters will not appear on the screen. This step opens up the Enter Network MEP code box.
    10. Enter the Unlock code
    11. Press the Trackball or Enter key (once one of these keys is pressed the device should display "Code Accepted")

Just a quick word of advice, you only have 10 attempts to enter the code correctly, or your phone will be SIM locked permanently, so type carefully.
    When entering the MEPPD how do you know if you are entering the "o" or the "p", when they share the same key, and you can not see the letter? Do you hit the key quickly two times, to get the second letter on the key (like for the letter "p")???

Thank You!
    07-14-10 02:20 AM
    When entering the MEPPD how do you know if you are entering the "o" or the "p", when they share the same key, and you can not see the letter? Do you hit the key quickly two times, to get the second letter on the key (like for the letter "p")???

Thank You!
    The actual sequence is MEPD and then MEP (ALT) 2, but you need to press twice on the P key in order to get a P which is why we mention MEPPD-MEPP2.

Basically for MEPD, you will be pressing twice the P key.
    07-14-10 02:23 AM
    I am trying to unlock my 8220 but when I enter MPPD nothing happens I never get to the personalization screen. ????
    11-25-10 12:17 PM
    Cause its mepd lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-10 12:20 PM
    Sorry I just typed it wrong here I am entering MEPPD with a valid SIM and with a SIM from AT&T. When I have my Tmoble SIM card I get the ID # and phone number but when I enter MEPPD I do not get the Personization screen. Is it case sensitive? If I use another carrier SIM card the screen stays blank with no valid screen on top.
    11-25-10 12:40 PM
    Try doing a battery pull.. It is not case sensitive.
    11-25-10 12:48 PM
    No luck on the BP I am not being able to get to the Personalization screen after I type MEPPD.
    11-25-10 08:00 PM
    No luck on the BP I am not being able to get to the Personalization screen after I type MEPPD.
    How many times are you pressing on the P? The sequence is MEPD but because you have two letters per key you need to press twice on the "P" key to get a "P".
    11-25-10 08:34 PM
    My aunt got the phone for me from her boss so it has been used already how can i get the code now what do i need so t-mobile can know what phone i have would t-mobile still give me the code and i am as far as the caribbean st lucia
    12-08-10 07:57 PM
    My aunt got the phone for me from her boss so it has been used already how can i get the code now what do i need so t-mobile can know what phone i have would t-mobile still give me the code and i am as far as the caribbean st lucia

If you need help unlocking your cell phone we can help check our signature or PM us. Doesn't matter if it's used you can still unlock your phone just the same. You call tmobile as well it just may take a little more time
    12-08-10 08:06 PM
    Any of us unlockers here can help you unlock your Blackberry. We can email you the unlock code within minutes.

Send us an email for more info.
    12-08-10 09:10 PM
    im very new to fones. whats the advantage of unlocking your blackberry flip? could i browse the web without being asked to pay for it, in wi-fi areas?
    02-10-11 07:53 PM
    im very new to fones. whats the advantage of unlocking your blackberry flip? could i browse the web without being asked to pay for it, in wi-fi areas?
    Biggest advantage is to be able to use it with other GSM providers (sim cards) Unlocking a Blackberry is unlocking Jailbreaking an iPhone, you will still need to pay for DATA to work.
    02-11-11 01:43 PM
    Once a blackberry is unlocked you'll be able to use it on any gsm carrier worldwide. As for data, you'll need to pay for that with any carrier. If your phone has wifi then you can connect to available wifi networks.

02-11-11 02:03 PM
    Just a little correction...not any GSM provider, for example the 8220 will not work with Bell/Telus because they only have a 3G HSPA Network and the phone is not 3G compatible. Same way a T-Mobile 9700 will not work on Bell/Telus although the phone is 3G compatible, it's not compatible with the 3G frequency they use, and these carriers don't have 2G Networks.
    02-11-11 03:48 PM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD