08-07-12 09:23 PM
76 123 ...
tools
    These are the directions handed down right from T-Mobile, so all you would need is the individual code for your device.

1. Scroll to and select the Manage Connections icon
    2. Select Turn All Connections Off.
    3. Press the red End key.
    4. Scroll to and select the Settings icon
    5. Scroll to and select the Options icon
    6. Scroll to and select Advanced Options
    7. Scroll to and select SIM Card
    8. Enter MEPPD
    Note: When Typing in MEPPD the letters will not appear on the screen. This step opens up the personalization on the device.
    9. Enter MEPP2
    Note: When Typing in MEPP2 the letters will not appear on the screen. This step opens up the Enter Network MEP code box.
    10. Enter the Unlock code
    11. Press the Trackball or Enter key (once one of these keys is pressed the device should display "Code Accepted")

Just a quick word of advice, you only have 10 attempts to enter the code correctly, or your phone will be SIM locked permanently, so type carefully.
    11-21-08 12:16 PM
    thanks for the tip. im assuming even if we dont get our code from tmobile, it's the same steps right?

also, i'm on at&t wireless in the US and am considering getting the flip. is there any special settings i need to set the phone to once i get it unlocked to properly work on at&t network? thanks.
    11-24-08 04:16 AM
    thanks for the tip. im assuming even if we dont get our code from tmobile, it's the same steps right?

also, i'm on at&t wireless in the US and am considering getting the flip. is there any special settings i need to set the phone to once i get it unlocked to properly work on at&t network? thanks.
    that is correct....
    11-24-08 08:56 AM
    where do you get the MEPPD/MEPP2 codes?
    11-26-08 06:56 PM
    either from unlocking service online like ebay or from tmobile directly: the meppd and mepp2 are not the codes, it's to get to the menu. the MEP code = unlock code.
    Last edited by conceptv; 11-29-08 at 03:36 PM.
    11-26-08 06:58 PM
    as long as you are in good standing, t-mobile will give you the code quickly...
    11-26-08 09:30 PM
    takin pretty long actually, took 3 days for them to give us a reply saying they are going to request it from RIM and to wait 24-48 hours for a response. so now i have to wait possibly to monday, noooo.

do we need to have a sim in the phone while we do the unlocking or no? i read around and some requires a sim, and some dont. does it matter?
    Last edited by conceptv; 11-29-08 at 03:40 PM.
    11-29-08 03:14 PM
    who did you request a code from?
    11-29-08 04:27 PM
    ^ it's directly from t-mobile. we put in a request on wednesday, then this morning we got a reply saying they JUSt sent it over to the manufacturer to get the code and to expect it 24-48 hours.

-------
    T-Mobile Sim Unlock Request
    Sim Unlock Reference: -
    IMEI: -

Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. We have forwarded your
    request to the manufacturer. These requests normally take 24-48 hours, but
    may sometimes take longer based on circumstances that are not under our
    control. Please allow 14 days before submitting a duplicate request. If no
    response has been received after 14 days, please submit a new request.

NOTE: Since T-Mobile is requesting an unlock code from the manufacturer we
    cannot guarantee the response time or that a unlock code will be provided.

Thank You,

Sim Unlock Department
    T-Mobile USA, Inc.
    11-29-08 11:04 PM
    From what I was told by T-Mobile when getting unlocked codes before, it can take up to 72 hours to get the code, but that's if there's no problems getting it from the manfacturer.
    11-30-08 12:38 AM
    yeah that's what my was exactly, t-mobile isnt really that fast at getting codes compared with third party. but i hope despite the long wait they are more reliable at obtaining a code. fingers still crossed haha.
    11-30-08 06:26 AM
    I never had to wait no more than 24 hours whenever I request a code...
    11-30-08 09:15 AM
    weird, i had mine the next day...
    11-30-08 12:15 PM
    yeah that is what i heard, wonder why it is taking so long. maybe cuz i request it the afternoon before thanksgiving?

so wednesday they did not send it out, and if they did send it out, thursday no one was working, friday is when they are processing it, weekends they dont work, soooo maybe i may get it tomorrow (monday), haha.
    11-30-08 08:35 PM
    I got the phone unlocked but even after entering TCP settings it will not connect to data. Any ideas?? Thx
    12-02-08 11:12 AM
    I thought the phone's an international phone and wouldn't require unlocking?
    12-02-08 12:45 PM
    No....requires unlocking to work on AT&T. FYI.....After a quck call to BB support problem was fixed. Host Routing Table refreash is what it needed. TCP setting didn't matter.
    12-02-08 09:45 PM
    finally got my unlock code and unlocked successful! i tried changing my pin through BIS but failed though. guess i have to call in and have them update it? how did you do vdoman?

edit:
    so i called in att support and the csr failedshe didnt even know what i meant when i said update my device pin. she kept thinking it was the sim pin/pw haha. so she eventually transferred me to BB support and they got it in a second.

they were even confused with the att costumer service rep tried to explain it to them before transferring me. after they transferred i was like 'i just need to update my pin,' and bb support was all, 'OOOOOOyea that makes sense, haha.'

all in all, 23 minutes on phone= 5 minutes on hold, 15 minutes with att rep, 3 minutes with bb rep = finally unlocked flip!
    Last edited by conceptv; 12-03-08 at 12:21 PM.
    12-03-08 11:20 AM
    I called tmobile and they said i need the recipt for my phone or no unlock code CAN ANYONE GET ONE FOR ME PLEASE????????? I NEED MY PHONE PLEASE HELP DONT WANT TO GET SCAMMED OR HAVE TO PAY. CAN ANYONE OUT THERE HELP ME?
    01-06-10 10:07 PM
    I called tmobile and they said i need the recipt for my phone or no unlock code CAN ANYONE GET ONE FOR ME PLEASE????????? I NEED MY PHONE PLEASE HELP DONT WANT TO GET SCAMMED OR HAVE TO PAY. CAN ANYONE OUT THERE HELP ME?
    We can unlock it for you, but sorry it will not be for free. If you wish to PM us maybe we can work something out for you.
    01-06-10 10:13 PM
    We can help you unlock your phone and the code will work 100%
    01-07-10 10:18 AM
    how do I get type MEPP2? it's not working =(
    05-11-10 11:13 AM
    M e p p alt+2. If it doesn't pop up your either hitting it wrong or it's already unlocked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-10 11:15 AM
    how do I get type MEPP2? it's not working =(
    Keep in mind that real sequence is mep (alt button) 2. But because the 8220 has 2 letters per key, you will need to press twice one the P key in order to get a P, which is why we say mepp (alt) 2.
    05-11-10 11:20 AM
    well I tried unlocking it before and when I got home, the different sim card didn't work. Does Sim Card Security have to be Disabled?
    05-11-10 11:32 AM
76 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD