I am possibly buying a locked Verizon Storm the middle of next week from a local seller to use as a secondary/backup/weekend-fun phone...for a terrific price.

I know I'll need to get it unlocked first and foremost before I can use it with my current AT&T service...but, the owner has canceled his Verizon service already and can't get the unlock code from them.

What is the most reliable and cost-effective source for an unlock code for the Storm, or where is the best place to get it unlocked?

Thanks in advance...
    04-12-09 09:28 PM
    I do believe Horizon Wireless is pretty good, and they have a great sale (not sure if it is still going on) and I believe you can choose for them to just give you the code, and they give you the instructions too!

So yea, I would say read up on them, and see what's going on...

EDITED

Go to HorizonWirelessOnline.com

EDITED

So yea, I checked it up for you, and for Verizon storms, it costs 32$$ in change (with 50% sale) to unlcock ur storm...

AND they send you the code and instructions VIA ***E-MAIL and SNAIL MAIL***

So I think your best bet is these guys, especially with the sale going...but I may be wrong, I haven't checked anyone else...
    Last edited by Markv; 04-12-09 at 09:40 PM.
    04-12-09 09:35 PM
    I am a fan of UniquePhones. I have used them twice, and the customer service is fantastic. I got my unlock code in a minute or so. Definitely worth checking out. Cell Phone Unlocking | UniquePhones
    04-12-09 09:51 PM
    What is the most reliable and cost-effective source for an unlock code for the Storm, or where is the best place to get it unlocked?
    18,000 of us CrackBerry addicts took advantage of CellUnlock.net's recent promotion. (Personally, I suspect they were intentionally stress testing their order fulfillment system.) Search the CrackBerry site and see if there are any discount codes floating around.
    04-12-09 09:59 PM
    Look up cb member sith_apprentice then find one of his posts and use the horizon wireless link in his signature it has a discount in it (10% I believe).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 10:06 PM
    You should try calling Verizon and asking for the code they will give it to you and its free

04-12-09 10:14 PM
    You should try calling Verizon and asking for the code they will give it to you and its free

The OP is not a vzw customer so they will not unlock it/
    04-12-09 10:35 PM
    Thanks for the help, guys...

BTW...what is meant by a 9530 "Hybrid"?
    04-12-09 10:41 PM
    I am possibly buying a locked Verizon Storm the middle of next week from a local seller to use as a secondary/backup/weekend-fun phone...for a terrific price.

I know I'll need to get it unlocked first and foremost before I can use it with my current AT&T service...but, the owner has canceled his Verizon service already and can't get the unlock code from them.

Thanks in advance...
    Hi,

We would be more than happy to help you unlock your phone. You can use coupon code "crackb50" when checking out and get a 50% Discount, which would bring the unlock price down to $17.50 CDN and you can get the code within minutes after placing your order.
    04-13-09 01:16 AM
    We can unlock your blackberry storm. All members from crackberry.com will get $5 off on our blackberry storm unlocking service. Just mention you are a member from crakberry.com
    04-13-09 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD