okay,vendors i am going to unlock some phones,so keep your shorts on for a min...im researching....

i know that the 8350i can be used on boost and you can do some work arounds so that you can use the browser etc....

but what if it was unlocked??? then put it on boost...would all the naitive apps work then??? things like im,app world and email..well,the workaround fixes some of the things mentioned but you know what im sayin...will it work like buying a boostberry right outta the box???
    12-18-10 11:29 PM
    To use the 8350i on Boost it needs to be flashed. Not unlocked, the Curve 8350i cannot be unlocked as its not GSM and now SIM slot as well. Only possible to be used on either Sprint or Boost (if flashed)
    12-19-10 12:49 AM
    The 8350i can't be unlocked, it also does not need to be flashed to work on Boost. It only has to have modified service books loaded on the phone for MMS and the native browse to work. The things you want to get to work,except for Appworld, only work through RIM's servers, and there is no way to get around that. Appworld works on the 8350i, it has to be installed over USB and downloading from blackberry.com.
    12-19-10 10:25 AM
    i was fixin to say,my appworld app works,i can download and use the apps...i havent downloaded one that has not worked
    12-19-10 10:46 AM
    App world is about the only RIM product that works with the BoostBerry. Twitter for BlackBerry, Facebook (except v1.6.22), BBM, or any other RIM app will not work on the 8350i on Boost. Like Hightack said, they all use RIM's servers and there is no work around for that.
    I have the feeling a lot of Boosters will be moving away from the 8350i now that Boost Mobile is offering some decent phones. I know that very shortly I will be upgrading to either the Boost 8530 or moving to sprint and getting the new Bold, I have had just about all the Iden I can handle.
    12-19-10 11:49 AM
    App world is about the only RIM product that works with the BoostBerry. Twitter for BlackBerry, Facebook (except v1.6.22), BBM, or any other RIM app will not work on the 8350i on Boost. Like Hightack said, they all use RIM's servers and there is no work around for that.
    I have the feeling a lot of Boosters will be moving away from the 8350i now that Boost Mobile is offering some decent phones. I know that very shortly I will be upgrading to either the Boost 8530 or moving to sprint and getting the new Bold, I have had just about all the Iden I can handle.
    yea,boost is offering a good line up of phones,i think its virgin mobile,im not sure but one of them is got a touch screen android phone,its pretty expensive also,its like 300 bucks....

what part of bama you from???
    12-19-10 11:54 AM
    Yeah Crump, I couldn't agree more. I have been flashing 8350i(and a lot of other phones) for a long time now(locally). I used to get 8350i's on a fairly regular basis, but within the last few months it has slowed down. To the point, that I haven't done one in over a month. Personally, I also think that, along with what you mentioned(their phone selection improving), that a major reason for the slow down, and I think soon to be the demise of the 8350i, is that more and more(and more) Boost 8330's are saturating the used phone market. They are usually being sold for less than the 8350i's, and provide a drastically improved user experience. I'll be moving to the Boost 8530, as soon as I get a chance, very happy with the 8330 for now though.

Harley Rocker, Boost also has the I1 Android touch screen, that is around $300. But, it to is a Iden phone.
    12-19-10 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD