Per the title, does the Bell Mobility Curve 3G 9300 need to be unlocked to work on the Rogers network?
    Has anyone had Bell unlock theirs? (I'm familiar with the online unlock providers.)

Thanks.
    04-17-11 11:18 AM
    Per the title, does the Bell Mobility Curve 3G 9300 need to be unlocked to work on the Rogers network?
    Has anyone had Bell unlock theirs? (I'm familiar with the online unlock providers.)

Thanks.
    Yes the Curve 3G will need to be unlocked to be used on the Rogers network.
    I haven't had experience unlocking through Bell but I assume it is similar to online unlock providers but It might be more secure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-11 12:39 PM
    yes. If you want to use the Rogers network you will have to get your phone unlocked
    11-02-11 01:01 PM
    got it unlocked months ago for $7.99 at unlockthatphone.com. received the code within 5 minutes of Paypal transaction.
    11-02-11 03:53 PM
    Hi pmccartney,

Yes, you will need to unlock it to use it with Rogers.

Bell can unlock it for you, just call them and tell them you need to unlock your phone they will sell you an unlock code but they charge $50 for it.

Although, if you ask a nice customer service rep and you have been a long term customer with them you can sometimes get it for free (just don't tell them you want to use the phone with Rogers ) Tell them you are going on vacation and need to use the phone with a local pay as you go simcard at your destination.

Hope it works out

Thanks.
    Last edited by BlackberryCodeSource; 11-02-11 at 08:04 PM.
    11-02-11 08:00 PM
    Hi pmccartney,

Yes, you will need to unlock it to use it with Rogers.

Bell can unlock it for you, just call them and tell them you need to unlock your phone they will sell you an unlock code but they charge $50 for it.

Although, if you ask a nice customer service rep and you have been a long term customer with them you can sometimes get it for free (just don't tell them you want to use the phone with Rogers ) Tell them you are going on vacation and need to use the phone with a local pay as you go simcard at your destination.

Hope it works out
    But I guess it doesn't work all the time..or does it?
    11-03-11 09:01 AM
    Like I said they only give it to you free once in a while

If they don't give it to you free they charge 50 bucks for the code!
    11-03-11 08:22 PM
    They will not give the code out unless your their client and you have substantial history with them and they will not give them for free., At least in Canada that is,.
    11-04-11 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD