Hi guys,

If I unlock this phone, will I have any issues at all using the HSPA+ connection on Bell, or with any other services?

As far as I understood, unlocking the phone should just allow you to use any sim from any carrier for as long as they support the same bands as the phone.

Do the radio bands shipped with the phone differ after unlocking, and do different carriers of the 9900 set different operating bands? Confused how this works... I'm on Bell, but would like to use it on Rogers out west with an account and also down in the US on AT&T.

Thanks!
    08-11-11 03:46 PM
    Hi,

Yes, exactly!

Unlocking your Blackberry Bold 9900 will allow you to use any sim card from any carrier as long as they support the same bands as the phone.

The GSM/HSPA Bands will not differ after unlocking the phone, they will remain the same.

These are the BELL 9900's HSPA/UMTS Bands: 850/1900/2100 MHz

Yes Different Carrier do have different network frequency bands.

850MHz and 1900MHz (Rogers, Fido, Bell, Telus Canada) = 3G voice and data network
    1900MHz (AT&T) = 3G voice and data network
    1700MHz (TMO) = 3G voice and data network
    2100MHz = 3G voice and data network in Europe and Asia

So to confirm with you, your Bell Blackberry Bold 9900 will work with both Rogers and AT&T after you unlock it.

If you need help unlocking it or have any questions at all, shoot us a pm or email at James at BlackberryCodeSource.com

Cheers!

Hi guys,

If I unlock this phone, will I have any issues at all using the HSPA+ connection on Bell, or with any other services?

As far as I understood, unlocking the phone should just allow you to use any sim from any carrier for as long as they support the same bands as the phone.

Do the radio bands shipped with the phone differ after unlocking, and do different carriers of the 9900 set different operating bands? Confused how this works... I'm on Bell, but would like to use it on Rogers out west with an account and also down in the US on AT&T.

Thanks!
    08-11-11 05:34 PM
    Did you ever get a final answer?

I ask because I currently have a 9810 on bell. I am mildly interested in picking up a 9900 but most of the ones I see for sale are either unlocked or on rogers. I would hate to purchase one to find out it will not work correctly on bell's network.
    10-16-11 07:00 AM
    Unlocked Blackberry 9900 will work on Bell
    10-16-11 09:38 AM
    Hi guys,

Thanks!
    Yes you are right unlocking means that you can use any sim card from any carrier. Further details have already been explained to you by BlackberryCodeSource.
    10-16-11 10:17 AM
    Did you ever get a final answer?

I ask because I currently have a 9810 on bell. I am mildly interested in picking up a 9900 but most of the ones I see for sale are either unlocked or on rogers. I would hate to purchase one to find out it will not work correctly on bell's network.
    It will work on bell's network, so go for it.
    10-16-11 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD