So, I am currently trying to get into the engineering screen to get my MEP but I fail every time.
    I used this:
    Zibri's Blog: Hidden things are usually the best
    And this:
    Unlock Blackberry by MEP | BB MEP Reader
    But each of these 'generators' failed me (no engineering screen after typing in the code).

I tried it MANY times. It's a UK Vodafone BB, running 4.6.1.272 app version. If its not because of my BBs 'version' what errors might I be making or is there a simpler way to find my MEP?
    03-14-13 05:09 PM
    Take a look at Blackberry Unlock Codes - #1 Source for FREE Unlock Codes
    and Blackberry Unlock Codes - #1 Source for FREE Unlock Codes

This could help you. Good luck
    Last edited by Branta; 03-14-13 at 08:34 PM. Reason: URL redacted. Malware found
    03-14-13 05:25 PM
    Avoid the "Free Downloads". There's no such thing as a free lunch, and I find many get a bad report from virustotal.com.

If you are not getting a valid escreen code from the online generators you are doing something wrong. Scrid2000's definitive guide to escreen access is here
    03-14-13 08:41 PM
    Branta, actually software in this area can help find the phones MEP and isn't going to cost someone to do so. IMO that initial piece of advice is misguided and will put people off using software that is there to help them.

Companies supply the software because some BlackBerry owners need to find their MEP so the unlock codes can be retrieved. Therefore the software is supplied completely free (it's extremely basic after all) but the end result is that the customer gets the unlock code THEY want to purchase.

FYI OP, when using the "generators" keep in mind that the Uptime information you need to plug in changes constantly in a BB. Therefore, if this changes before you enter the Key, then the phone won't recognise it. My advice is to create the Key and use it immediately to avoid that happening.
    03-20-13 06:33 AM