ok... so first i almost gave myself a heart attack trying to unlock the free MFI (or whatever its called) way, and that appeared to work...

but when i tried putting a fido sim card in (which it accepted) it shows it as roaming (which it shouldnt)

so i figured the unlocking didnt fully work so i went to one of those unlock code sites (ThePhoneUnlockers.com) and bought a code off of them.. which is only a 8 digit number (somewhere i read should be 16)

and i get to the part in the sim card menu where you type in mepd, then mep2...
    the "mepd" works (brings up more options) but mep2 does nothing

it already shows all the "mepd" options as "disabled"

so my three questions...

even though it shows fido sim as roaming... is it actually roaming?

has anyone had issues with the "mep2" part?

Is this the right forum to post this question?
    05-22-09 06:42 PM
    i unlocked using MFI, i havent had any problems. i guess youre gonna have to wait to hear from someone that unlocked via code to respond.
    05-22-09 06:53 PM
    When typing MEPD and everything shows Disabled, that means your phone is already unlocked and explains why MEP2 does nothing. And yes this is the correct forum. As to why it shows you're roaming and whether or not you really are, I have no clue.
    05-22-09 06:54 PM
    I figure it already is unlocked cause it says everything is disabled...
    but just seems odd that it shows it roaming... (the iphone that the fido sim card is from doesnt roam here)

just sucks, cause im one of those people who decides to unlock last minute before a big trip, and freaking out whether i can use my phone elsewhere without paying out the ***.

so with the mepd screen showing everything as disabled that means its unlocked for sure...

is there anyone out there that has had the false(?) roaming issue?

ps. thanks for the quick response... still haven't heard back from that website support
    05-22-09 07:03 PM
    try a battery pull
    05-22-09 07:26 PM
    haha...
    i wish life were that simple...
    naw, tried that many times
    05-22-09 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD