Hi every body , need help with my 9000 , i bought it etisalat and i unlocked it , i use it for 1 years and it doesnt have any problem , but now i inserted my sim card with all my contacts in it and it will not read it , it will show on the display ( Inser sim card ) , I tried other active sim cards , it does not reconizes any , keeps displaying ( insert sim card ) , most of the functions work , ican use bluetooth connect to my wireless WIFI at home , but does not want to accept any sim card .
    Any siggestions .
    and in simcard setting when i type mepd all 5 are disabled....
    please help me
    Thanks to all
    Last edited by iran7; 07-31-10 at 04:34 AM.
    07-31-10 03:08 AM
    Might need a OS update
    08-01-10 10:29 AM
    Hopefully its just an OS update as Carrier said above, but you may want to try wedging something in behind the sim to make sure its touching the contacts of the phone
    08-01-10 10:49 AM
    my bold 9000 is having the same problem too now. i've had it for over a year now with no problems but all of a sudden today it is unable to accept/recognize any sim card that i put in. any fixes for this?
    10-16-10 11:54 AM
    the message sometimes says, sim card rejected, sim card not allowed, or insert sim card. please help.
    10-16-10 11:55 AM
    Mostly likely have to reload the OS.
    10-18-10 09:45 AM
    My Bold also says INSERT SIM after unlocking it.

I reloaded the OS, totally wiped the phone and reloaded it, then BRICKED it to the error 207 and reloaded it.

It won't read a SIM card. Worked fine before unlocking it, but I unlocked it and then did a battery pull, and it hasn't worked at all since then.
    12-07-10 02:08 PM
    Have you tried a different sim? Unlocking your phone does not effect anything with the OS
    12-07-10 07:17 PM
    Try these:

- Reload the OS
    - Try another sim and see if that works
    - Put something between the sim and the back cage so the sim is pressed against the contacts on the phone
    - clean the sim (and contacts on the phone) with a q-tip or cloth

Any luck?
    12-07-10 10:01 PM
    like the remote unlocker stated above, usually when i hear of these problems putting in a new sim card usually helps. that would be my guess
    12-08-10 11:16 AM
    Hi every body , need help with my 9000 , i bought it etisalat and i unlocked it , i use it for 1 years and it doesnt have any problem , but now i inserted my sim card with all my contacts in it and it will not read it , it will show on the display ( Inser sim card ) , I tried other active sim cards , it does not reconizes any , keeps displaying ( insert sim card ) , most of the functions work , ican use bluetooth connect to my wireless WIFI at home , but does not want to accept any sim card .
    Any siggestions .
    please help me
    Thanks to all
    Is that SIM card working in another phone? Sometimes the SIM reader in the phone gets loose, so you can try putting a piece of paper over the SIM to create pressure, or as mentioned above, try upgrading the OS on your Blackberry or getting your SIM replaced.
    12-10-10 12:09 PM
    Any siggestions .
    please help me
    Thanks to all

please visit our website and we will help you through it in no time
    01-19-11 08:43 AM
    His phone is already unlocked, he doesn't need another unlock code, was just asking for help in figuring the problem
    01-19-11 09:18 AM
    first see if the sim card is the problem. try another phone. if it works than it's your phone. if it doesn't work it's the sim card. but you said you used other sim's and it's not working so i'm assuming it's your phone.

os update
    battery pull. give it a few minutes.
    like cellunlock said try pressing the sim card up agaist the phone more give it a better chance of reading.
    01-19-11 11:41 AM
    Yes we've had a few phones with defective SIM card slots.
    01-19-11 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD