I guess I could go back and read the older posts on this topic however Ill post one also. Long story. My sister in Law sold me her sprint BB 8330 (CDMA) for a great price I must ad. I have boost (iden) I do not want to buy a bb 8330 from boost for 249.00. 9I tried to have boost set me up a CDMA account and they did but the phone did not work. I have not unlocked or altered the phone in any way. Just wanted to try it dry. No problem migrating to CDMA or porting my number. Long story short I had to get them to port back to iden and back to old cruddy phone and a day to receive text messages.

I am aware that sprint/Nextel is Boost. I am aware that boost uses sprints cdma network.

My question is how can I get my sprint 8330 to work on the boost unlimited cdma plan.

I hear it is possible but that will cost me 160.00. The only road block I have run into is getting the phone to work.

Any suggestions?
    02-24-10 02:42 PM
    You would probably need to get it flashed. Try looking on craigslist to see if any local shop offer the service.
    02-24-10 03:30 PM
    Try contacting bbmedics.com they may be able to help you flash it remotely.
    02-24-10 05:30 PM
    Try contacting bbmedics.com they may be able to help you flash it remotely.
    +1 Super nice and knows his stuff!
    02-24-10 05:32 PM
    Thank you both. What would happen if I both flashed and unlocked the phone???
    02-24-10 11:41 PM
    Well for a phone to be unlockable it has to have a SIM card slot which the 8330 doesn't. Flashing loads software that will enable the device to work on a specified network.
    02-24-10 11:49 PM
    Oh. Thank you. Do you know if a sprint cdma phone would need to be flashed to run on the boost cdma network?. I had heard that they are the same network....
    02-25-10 12:06 AM
    Of course that's why we referred you to bbmedics.com few posts up.
    02-25-10 12:08 AM
    Thank you. Ill contact them. Thanks again. I do not know any thing about flashing/ unlocking. Thank you I have the web site and will try.

K
    02-25-10 12:24 AM
    You're welcome. Yes they are the best at it, especially that they now do it remotely.
    02-25-10 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD