So down here we have two carriers. Lets call them A and B.

So someone bought a phone from carrier B. The phone was obviously locked to B's network. He took a SIM card from A and put it into the phone. ( I don't know why).

This somehow, locked up the phone. The phone says active next to network.

I have the mep unlock code for the phone but it just does not work. When I type in the MEP code, it says code accepted, but then the phone just freezes. I will have to pull the battery and when I go back, it still says active. And the same number of tries remain.

Also, when I put back a SIM card from B's network, it still does not work! And this is the original carrier it was locked too. With the right sim in, when the phone starts up, it says my sim card needs an unlock code. It will prompt me for an unlock code.. But nothing happens when I type it in. The phone will just freeze again when I try to go into SIM CARD to see if it's unlocked.

Thanks in advance.
    10-30-10 09:46 AM
    This happens in rare situations, but right now the only fix is to get a new phone unfortunately. Is it under warranty?
    10-30-10 12:01 PM
    It's actually not the first time I've seen it. It's just the first time I've decided to investigate it.

And no, there it is not under warranty.
    I guess I'll throw it away. :|

Thanks.
    10-30-10 04:28 PM
    It can be unlocked via software via usb through a local unlocker.
    10-30-10 11:10 PM
    ^

The furious box? Or whatever it's called?
    10-31-10 07:42 AM
    Have you tried reloading the OS?
    11-09-10 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD