I'm now using softbank simcard with my unlocked tour. But I want to use BIS, so thinking of switching my service to Docomo.

But the point is how did u guys get started using Docomo's sim card with your unlocked phone? Can I just buy the normal, cheap handset (not bb) and then insert that sim card into my unlocked bb??? Would that be possible? And is it possible for me to open the BIS myself???? like via phone call or from my docomo account on internet???

I've asked them. They said something like they won't allow me to open BIS, unless I buy Blackberry bold from them.

So I'm kinda wondering how did people get started using Docomo with their unlocked phones?? I need advice on that.

Thx in advance.
    09-13-09 01:20 AM
    well the services all depend on the carrier the sim card is with. Whatever option that the sim card has it will work with. If u got your phone unlocked then you can use the sim card for bis but you have to go to the carrier in that country to activate it.. or i guess you can call them if you want. I have globe and I use it in the philippines and i have it roaming for free here and it works perfectly fine. All the options on the phone have to be opened before you can use them weather its text, calling or BIS.
    09-13-09 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD