09-24-09 10:55 PM
50 12
tools
    i just bought a tmobile 8900 and i need to get this unlocked since i'm with at&t -
    09-16-09 10:14 PM
    anybody?

does anybody have an unlock code or know where i can get one? or any reliable site that does unlocking

thanks
    09-16-09 10:41 PM
    anybody?

does anybody have an unlock code or know where i can get one? or any reliable site that does unlocking

thanks
    PM me your IMEI#
    09-16-09 11:29 PM
    If this didn't work try unlockitnow.com. The 8900 can only be unlocked by a professional service. Nothing free can unlock it.

Also try calling ur service provider and tell them u are travelling abroad, they just might give u an unlock code.

P.S. Beware of people who offer unlocks for 5 Euros..they are simple dumb asses.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 08:19 PM
    If this didn't work try unlockitnow.com. The 8900 can only be unlocked by a professional service. Nothing free can unlock it.

Also try calling ur service provider and tell them u are travelling abroad, they just might give u an unlock code.

P.S. Beware of people who offer unlocks for 5 Euros..they are simple dumb asses.

You can try me. We gave out 300 free unlock codes from Crakckberry contest. Every single code works. We just try to help people
    Last edited by expressunlockcode; 09-18-09 at 09:24 PM.
    09-18-09 08:54 PM
    If you have tmobile, call them and tell them you are going out of the country and they will send you an unlock code for free

09-18-09 09:54 PM
    Well, andyzzzle..can you pls confirm if expressunlockcode's code work for you and if you paid anything for it. It'll be great news if it did.

09-19-09 05:00 PM
    anybody?

thanks
    There are so many to find by searching online. I purchased my codes from unlockmybberry.com. The last purcahse was today. I ordered it today and received the code in about 15-20 minutes. It was the same prompt service before.
    09-20-09 12:04 AM
    anybody?

thanks
    This is your code: 5846710654671260
    We also sent code to your email.
    09-20-09 01:45 AM
    T-Mo was happy to get me an unlock code. All I've ever had to do with them is be pleasant when I ask.

09-20-09 01:46 AM
    If you have tmobile, call them and tell them you are going out of the country and they will send you an unlock code for free
    I keep seeing this as advice, but I don't understand why.

I'm Croatian and my Blackberry is locked to T-mobile. What that means here, is that the phone will only accept T-mobile SIM card. Any other provider's SIM card and the phone will notice it and say you have a wrong SIM card in or something like that and you will not be able to use it.

My Blackberry is new and I have not travelled abroad with it, but my older phones (also locked to T-mobile) went to Italy, England, Texas, etc. and they all worked. My phone would simply connect to a local network my T-mobile has a roaming contract with (preffering other T-mobiles of course) and that was it. I never hap problems with the phone being locked.

The only thing that would make sense to me is that ypur phones get locked in a different way, not through the SIM card, but the network they're on. That way, you could not use roaming if it wasn't unlocked. Is this the case?

How does the "I'm travelling abroad, please unlock my phone" line work?

09-20-09 05:52 AM
    Can anyone unlock mine please, i have tried to do it myelf but my phone has the new security code 03 in the middle of ime number so i cant get it to work.

any help would be appreciated
    09-20-09 07:00 AM
    I want an unlock code so I can rid the MYfaves programming. I don't use it withj my unlimited plan and don't need it

09-20-09 02:10 PM
    That way, you could not use roaming if it wasn't unlocked. Is this the case?

When I am in the Dominican Republic, it would be too expensive for me to call or text under TMo I think it was $1.49USD a minute. Since my phone is unlocked, I can put any SIM into the phone. I buy a SIM in the Dominican Republic (pre-paid) and I save a lot of money.

I told TMo I was going to DR for 3 weeks and needed to have my phone unlocked. They ask for the serial number and a few days later, you get an email with the unlock code. It's that simple. I think it helps that I got to Puerto a few times a year so they can see my usage.
    09-20-09 05:22 PM
    I keep seeing this as advice, but I don't understand why.

I'm Croatian and my Blackberry is locked to T-mobile. What that means here, is that the phone will only accept T-mobile SIM card. Any other provider's SIM card and the phone will notice it and say you have a wrong SIM card in or something like that and you will not be able to use it.

My Blackberry is new and I have not travelled abroad with it, but my older phones (also locked to T-mobile) went to Italy, England, Texas, etc. and they all worked. My phone would simply connect to a local network my T-mobile has a roaming contract with (preffering other T-mobiles of course) and that was it. I never hap problems with the phone being locked.

The only thing that would make sense to me is that ypur phones get locked in a different way, not through the SIM card, but the network they're on. That way, you could not use roaming if it wasn't unlocked. Is this the case?

You are right, unlocking the phone is not necessary if your carrier has a presence in the country you are traveling to. However, the roaming fees can be outrageous.

The purpose of unlocking the phone is so you can use a SIM card from a local carrier and not get charged roaming fees. Case in point, when I go to China I have a SIM from there I pop in my phone and when I call a friend who is in China it's very cheap. If I kept my Rogers SIM in there, forget it. Huge bill when I get home.
    09-20-09 05:27 PM
    I want an unlock code so I can rid the MYfaves programming. I don't use it withj my unlimited plan and don't need it

The only thing unlocking does is allow you to use a SIM card from a different carrier. Period. No other benefits.
    09-20-09 05:28 PM
    Can anyone unlock mine please, i have tried to do it myelf but my phone has the new security code 03 in the middle of ime number so i cant get it to work.

any help would be appreciated
    Yes, your phone is locked to new security, we can help you solve the problem.
    09-20-09 05:34 PM
    Oh. Yeah, didn't think of that. I don't usually stay long enough to need a local SIM - I simply avoid calling or texting and do it only when neccessary.

I get the point now, but I'm surprised they unlock it for you. It's really nice of them. I don't know if they'd do it for us here, I guess I could try?
    09-20-09 05:43 PM
    update: expressunlockcode gave me an unlock code and now I'm able to use it! free of charge

for people who want want to unlock their phones, I would recommend expressunlockcode - fast replies, very helpful, 100% legit

thanks again
    09-20-09 05:47 PM
    Hey, if you're giving out free codes I could use one.
    09-20-09 06:12 PM
    Hey, if you're giving out free codes I could use one.
    No kidding. I'm without a phone at all until T-mobile sends me the unlock code for my 8900. My IMEI number is 358453022476286 if anyone can/is willing to help a guy out in a pinch. They dont seem to want to give me the number since I'm not a customer. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
    09-20-09 11:14 PM
    Call Tmobile and see if they can unlock it if not contact these guys Unlock My BlackBerry - Any BlackBerry $17, Storms $25
    09-21-09 04:10 PM
    Will you unlock mine?
    09-21-09 04:18 PM
    Yes, your phone is locked to new security, we can help you solve the problem.

Will you unlock mine?
    09-21-09 04:22 PM
    Will you unlock mine?
    Pay the cash and it shall be unlocked.

As a matter of fact I'll be ordering an unlock code in the next few days.
    09-21-09 04:26 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD