I see all these other unlock codes for GSM...none so far for CDMA. Any hepl on this? Selling some curves & would like to tell people they are unlocked...Thanks
    08-31-08 04:37 PM
    i believe the politically correct term is 'flashing'
    08-31-08 04:43 PM
    Not going to happen. You cannot unlock a CDMA phone to
    work on another carrier network.
    08-31-08 04:44 PM
    Ok..no wonder I couldn't find anything on eBay like for the codes on the GSM phones...Thanks!!
    08-31-08 04:48 PM
    Don't know about BB specific, but I once got an old CDMA AT&T phone from a friend, called up verizon and they were able to switch it over to them. Just read the number in the battery compartment to them.
    08-31-08 04:59 PM
    Don't know about BB specific, but I once got an old CDMA AT&T phone from a friend, called up verizon and they were able to switch it over to them. Just read the number in the battery compartment to them.
    they won't do that anymore... the esn has to be in their database or they won't put it on the account
    08-31-08 05:04 PM
    Sprint and Verizon are on different bandwidths, not interchangable.
    08-31-08 05:06 PM
    besides, verizon phones program ota while sprint needs it done manually with a one time lock code that changes... so verizon would have no way to program it
    08-31-08 05:06 PM
    Na You Cannot Program It To Verizon Dude
    08-31-08 07:48 PM
    Not going to happen. You cannot unlock a CDMA phone to
    work on another carrier network.
    Not true. Before my curve, I ran a motorola razr2 V9M on the verizon network with US Cellular firmware. Now that is a completely different animal than a blackberry, of which I know nothing about. But you can, with time, effort and some luck run another companies firmware on another's network. Blackberry? I don't know.

Justin
    08-31-08 09:25 PM
    Not true. Before my curve, I ran a motorola razr2 V9M on the verizon network with US Cellular firmware. Now that is a completely different animal than a blackberry, of which I know nothing about. But you can, with time, effort and some luck run another companies firmware on another's network. Blackberry? I don't know.

Justin
    Nope not going to happen... trust me.....
    08-31-08 09:28 PM
    besides, verizon phones program ota while sprint needs it done manually with a one time lock code that changes... so verizon would have no way to program it
    This is not totally true. All Sprint phones do have a one time use lock code (or whats called a one time use MSL - they dont want you mucking anything up so they gove you an MSL thats good for one use for your benefit).
    You also have the MSL thats for your phone and your phone only which can be accessed multiple times.

Sprint thinks they are slick & when you call them to activate a phone, more times than not, they will give you the one time use MSL. The fun part is telling them you want the MSL for your phone. Most people dont know that there are 2 numbers.
    08-31-08 09:37 PM
    I flash phones all the time...just don't flash them to sprint because they have a locked down database...As for Verizon, Alltel, and Cricket, it doesn't matter...I do it all the time...quite easy if you have the right programs...
    10-08-08 01:27 PM
    Really??? Interesting, seeing as ATT is GSm.
    10-08-08 01:32 PM
    Att used to be cdma

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-08 01:36 PM
    Att used to be cdma

TDMA you mean?

my first phone was a TDMA from at&t wireless.

Rob Galbraith DPI: AT&T Wireless, Rogers to move to GSM
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-08-08 at 01:43 PM.
    10-08-08 01:39 PM
    How do I get the true numbers? I have quite a few tools to ultilize. I've managed to get the esn, sid/nid and password numbers. When I follow the steps(adding new prl) to flash using QXDM everything seems to work. But when I dial 228 the carrier is still Sprint and not Cricket.

This is not totally true. All Sprint phones do have a one time use lock code (or whats called a one time use MSL - they dont want you mucking anything up so they gove you an MSL thats good for one use for your benefit).
    You also have the MSL thats for your phone and your phone only which can be accessed multiple times.

Sprint thinks they are slick & when you call them to activate a phone, more times than not, they will give you the one time use MSL. The fun part is telling them you want the MSL for your phone. Most people dont know that there are 2 numbers.
    11-10-08 12:56 PM
    I know you cant with sprint 2 verizon but i need the code for sprint to boost

12-04-10 06:08 AM
    You may want to try youtube.

12-04-10 06:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD