Any services offer a few hours instead of 3 days? Looking to unlock my att passport before traveling out. Last minute stuff sucks! Thanks
    03-11-16 01:27 PM
    Any services offer a few hours instead of 3 days? Looking to unlock my att passport before traveling out. Last minute stuff sucks! Thanks
    If it's paid off, AT&T will do it for you for free, within 2-3 business days: att.com/deviceunlock

Even if it isn't paid off, have you tried telling them that you'll be traveling internationally? IDK what the policy is nowadays, but back in the day they used to unlock phones for good, long-term customers traveling internationally.
    03-11-16 01:46 PM
    If it's paid off, AT&T will do it for you for free, within 2-3 business days: att.com/deviceunlock

Even if it isn't paid off, have you tried telling them that you'll be traveling internationally? IDK what the policy is nowadays, but back in the day they used to unlock phones for good, long-term customers traveling internationally.
    Thanks. I tried an unlocking service but it came back as device still in contract and failed to unlock. I tried getting the MEP to the device, but when Im in engineering screen, its not showing up. Just IMEI, HWID, OSID, and Serial number. This blows.
    03-12-16 12:15 PM
    Thanks. I tried an unlocking service but it came back as device still in contract and failed to unlock.
    A third party service? They shouldn't care about contract status. Also, the MEP shouldn't be needed for a Priv, just the IMEI# and carrier of origin should be enough.

Try a different unlocking service. Some popular ones on CB (this is not an endorsement) are: BlackBerryCodeSource, QuickPhoneUnlock and Cellunlocker.net
    03-12-16 01:05 PM
    A third party service? They shouldn't care about contract status. Also, the MEP shouldn't be needed for a Priv, just the IMEI# and carrier of origin should be enough.

Try a different unlocking service. Some popular ones on CB (this is not an endorsement) are: BlackBerryCodeSource, QuickPhoneUnlock and Cellunlocker.net
    Thanks. Its for the ATT Blackberry Passport. I will try one of the popular ones you just mentioned. Thanks
    03-12-16 01:51 PM
    Hi there,

For the AT&T passport it take in general 1 - 3 business days average to provide a code

But raino's suggestion is correct, if you call your network and tell them you are travelling internationally and that you want to unlock the phone to use on your trip but will continue using AT&T when you get back then sometimes they agree to provide you with a code

Give it a shot! if not then we can help you
    03-15-16 09:28 PM