I'm Considering buying a BB curve. I'm New To BlackBerry..

I travel From UK- to Ireland & Canada quit consistently, And this could be a handy little device, I found A Relatively cheapish one locally which is Operating on the Orange network..and I wondered if someone could answer a few questions for me....

Firstly: Do they work like ordinary Phones I currently have a N95. So basically stick in Sim a card and off you go..or do they use specific Sims? Would my Sim card work From my N95, so keeping my own number..

Secondly: Can BB Phones on the Orange network Be unlocked? I've Read a Few post on here and it Appears some people met a few problems with that carrier..

And Lastly: Do BB work like ordinary Mobiles, EG Either pay as you go or Contract, So stick my own Sim in after its unlocked and I'm ready to go..

01-08-10 05:38 PM
    1. If it's a GSM carrier, then their SIM card should work in this phone.

2. There are a lot of Unlock Service companies out there... you can very easily get an unlock code from one of those, so you don't have to deal with Orange if you don't want to.

3. This sounds a lot like question 1. I'm sure if you can find a company that does a Pay as you Go for a Blackberry, then why not... it should work. You should really call some of those companies you are considering and ask them some questions... or at least send them an email.
    01-08-10 06:23 PM