OK I have a BB Tour 9630, I have the unlock code and I go to Advanced options > Sim > and type MEPD and this show:::

SIM: Disabled
    Network: Disabled
    Network Subset: Disabled
    Service Provider: Disabled
    Corporate: Disabled

Then I type MEP2 and.......... nothing, I'm supposed to get a dialogue box correct? Well thats what Im reading everywhere anyway.

Thanks in advance!
    12-18-09 06:54 AM
    I'm not an expert in these things, but from what you've shown, it's my understanding that your BlackBerry is already unlocked. I believe that if Network says "Active" it is locked.

You didn't specifically say, but I assume that you got your unlock code to unlock it, right? You might have received the phone unlocked. I just got my Tour about a month ago and mine was.

(Here's the "How to tell" thread I read earlier.)
    12-18-09 08:16 AM
    that's what I thought at first, but I put my friends ATT SIM card in and switched it to GSM and it said SOS where I have my bars. So I thought that maybe it wasn't unlocked.
    12-18-09 08:22 AM
    You need to switch the network to 2G and then have the phone reboot and it will work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 09:53 AM
    wow>>>> haha thanks! That worked. The First and most basic step in troubleshooting and I didnt even do it. And to top it off I didn't do this in the first place and I paid for an unlock code and my phone was already unlocked. Niiiiiiiiiiice
    12-18-09 10:48 AM
    wow>>>> haha thanks! That worked. The First and most basic step in troubleshooting and I didnt even do it. And to top it off I didn't do this in the first place and I paid for an unlock code and my phone was already unlocked. Niiiiiiiiiiice
    Yup your phone was already unlocked. Who did you buy the code from? if it was us we will gladly refund your order
    12-18-09 10:25 PM
    Not to take this off topic, but I was under the impression that the Tour wouldn't work on AT&T's network because GSM networks in the US are on different frequencies than other countries and our Tour will only pick up the foreign frequencies. Is this incorrect?

Did you actually make calls photec2?
    12-22-09 09:07 PM
    The Tour will work on AT&T. That's why you unlock it so it will run on those supported frequencies.
    12-22-09 09:25 PM
    To clarify what CellUnlock said, It will work on EDGE speed unlocked, The SIM card slot, or GSM side is not on 3G frequencies, just the EDGE. But it will work!!
    12-22-09 09:29 PM
    And will work overseas on some Networks on 3G
    12-22-09 10:33 PM
    Yup your phone was already unlocked. Who did you buy the code from? if it was us we will gladly refund your order
    unfortunately it was Unique phones.
    12-23-09 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD