i was wondering if i can still unlock my storm after i get a droid?

does the storm need to have service to unlock it or should i unlock it now before i get my droid?

thanks
    01-13-10 10:18 PM
    If you intend to use Verizon to get the unlock code, then you need to do it while it has service. If you want to pay for the unlock code, then I believe you can do it after you get your new phone.
    01-13-10 10:48 PM
    Verizon unlocked my phone no prob but I was told they will only unlock one phone, every two years, per phone line. That is regardless of breakage, Asurion replacement etc. I unlocked 2 within a year a while ago, my World edition and then the Storm 1, I was told this is a recent policy change when I called to unlock my wife's phone.
    Hov
    01-14-10 04:46 PM
    Hmmm I had two storms unlocked about three days ago by Verizon on that same phone call. One phone for the wifey and the other for my brother....maybe the vzw rep was a rookie.lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-10 08:50 PM
    yea that makes sense, you unlocked two different phones at the same time. 2 DIFFERENT LINES. If your phone breaks they may not unlock the replacement. But like anything else, keep calling verizon until you find someone that'll do it.
    Hov
    01-15-10 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD