01-18-11 05:48 PM
28 12
tools
    I have been looking online all day, and have also searched the forums many times for the answers I am looking for and can't find anything. I have a Blackberry Curve 8330 that I purchased through Alltel. I have recentley moved out of the state I used my Alltel service in. Since I have moved I am going to be using a new Service Provider (Sprint). I have been looking online all day for ways to unlock my phone and the best way I could find was to call Alltel and ask them for the code. Well when I did so (twice) I was told that Alltel does not have an unlock code for my phone and that Sprint would have to do what they call a "Flash". Well Sprint told me that I needed to get the phone unlocked. After searching around I found some forums that showed how to unlock a phone and I have come across two problems. The first is that in my phones options there in NOT an option called SIM Card. I have followed step by step instructions on how to find it and it's not there. Also my phone does not have an IMEI code. It's not under the battery nor does typing *#06# help at all. So if anyone can help me figure out how to unlock my phone for use with Sprint that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time (I'm sorry this post is so long) and I hope to hear respones soon.
    02-20-09 05:46 PM
    You can't unlock CDMA devices. (Those things you found online about asking the carrier for the code refer to GSM carriers and devices.)

And typically CDMA carriers do not permit phones from other CDMA carriers to be added to their database.
    02-20-09 06:44 PM
    So then there is no way for me to use this phone with another service?
    02-20-09 11:59 PM
    No

CDMA = no carrier interchangeable

GSM = Uses SIMs, Use whatever carrier you want, just unlock.

Completely impossible. You need a new phone.
    Last edited by Janye; 02-21-09 at 12:41 AM. Reason: change wording
    02-21-09 12:41 AM
    Ok well since I have to buy a new phone anyway I wanted to know if you could help me with something. Alltel emailed me a series of steps that supposedly might actually help me. I have everything except I don't know what the Home SID number that I need is. I need the Home SID for a Sprint tower in the Denver area. Can anyone help me with that?
    02-21-09 02:04 PM
    Check out this list.

The Roaming Zone-SID #4000-9999

It looks like the Sprint SID in Denver is 4121.
    02-21-09 04:28 PM
    Try ##000000 then the call key, it worked for me. From there you can edit everything you need, if (if it works)
    03-30-09 10:37 AM
    I think I am about to put this in my signature lol..

Once again.. the only limiting factor to getting using a cdma phone on a network other than the one that is originally for is getting the new carrier to add that particular ESN to their database. Some are more lenient than others.

Alltel is the best about it. I have YET to have them NOT allow a foreign ESN. I just don't volunteer the info that it is not their phone, and do all the manual programming on my end. You can find all the steps with a simple google search.

Sorry though I really get tired of people giving out bad info, I have unlocked LOTS of CDMA phones mostly to use on Alltel, but it is possible if you know what you are doing. So do everyone a favor if you don't know what you are talk ting about please let those that do answer.
    04-08-09 04:00 PM

Once again.. the only limiting factor to getting using a cdma phone on a network other than the one that is originally for is getting the new carrier to add that particular ESN to their database. Some are more lenient than others.

Alltel is the best about it. I have YET to have them NOT allow a foreign ESN. I just don't volunteer the info that it is not their phone, and do all the manual programming on my end. You can find all the steps with a simple google search.

Sorry though I really get tired of people giving out bad info, I have unlocked LOTS of CDMA phones mostly to use on Alltel, but it is possible if you know what you are doing. So do everyone a favor if you don't know what you are talk ting about please let those that do answer.
    google search for what exactly (i'm kind of a noob who is considering buying an alltel curve (cheaper than any i've found for sprint) and want to see what all is involved with it. thank you for your help.
    07-09-09 05:59 PM
    First of all: I will say that CDMA cell phones can work on other networks I know from experience and since several networks provide this same cell model they are inter changeable to other CMDA networks. (Carriers)
    Now second: The IMEI that you mentioned, the only companies/network providers (carriers) use is the only ones that use sim cards in the device such as t-mobile, AT&T, Nextel so on. When you go to look for the IMEI on a CDMA cell phone it is known as a ESN and you will find the ESN number behind your battery if not there you can go in your cell phones Option menu scroll down to status and you will find the ESN number located there. There is a way for you to change your information in your cell phone that is just CMDA compatible I wont explain it on here if you want to know the information on how to do that please contact me at beachsexypartygals at y a h o o dot c o m (figure out the email Put it together)
    Last of all: I do not want to hear people say this stuff cant be done to a black berry because it can be done. I have been with every cell phone company that is out So I know and I have phones that I purchase and I get in them all the time and change stuff around in them things that we are not suppose to do or know nothing about cause the Carrier/network company puts this block on your phone by reprogramming it before they ship it out to you see when they get the phones they are completely unlocked and the carriers just do this so we half to buy this and that from them but even with that they are still using all of the sources that these cell phone devices can be used for. And I will say this the information that I give is not illegal in any way. If you have the knowledge it can be done but the companies want you to pay them a great price to do and only get part of what you are looking for with your phone I wont get into to much of details what I have been able to get my cell phones to do I have even done this for friends and I do not charge for the knowledge all that I ask is e careful when you change the configurations around in your phone I got a tablet for each cell phone I mess with I right down every thing even if I dont change it right down to the order it goes in a lot of times you will use this whole tablet of paper up but it is good to do cause if you ever mess some thing up you have your tablet paper and reset it to how it is suppose to be done. And carriers say they can not unlock the cell phone thats a bunch of hog wash cause I have had every carrier tell me that and after I tell them every funny cause I am this part in it and I got a program that I made myself ill get a used trashed phone hooked it up to my pc and it finds the unlock codes in the phone to reprogram them. if you have AT&T what ever like them remember some times when you call to activate it they will give you a bunch of numbers to key in on your phone this is a activation code but always right it down many people do not know this that is also your code in your phone like lg fusic they have three different unlock codes one for the carrier one for your network and one to wipe all your information out of the phone as if it brand new again done it all.
    So any one want to get all this info I have I will be glad to share it with the world as you can tell I have explained a lot on here a lot more than what any body else has one any website I have searched no one can come close to what I know. So hit me up!! share this with friends whom ever !!
    07-15-09 08:12 AM
    First of all: I will say that CDMA cell phones can work on other networks I know from experience and since several networks provide this same cell model they are inter changeable to other CMDA networks. (Carriers)
    Now second: The IMEI that you mentioned, the only companies/network providers (carriers) use is the only ones that use sim cards in the device such as t-mobile, AT&T, Nextel so on. When you go to look for the IMEI on a CDMA cell phone it is known as a ESN and you will find the ESN number behind your battery if not there you can go in your cell phones Option menu scroll down to status and you will find the ESN number located there. There is a way for you to change your information in your cell phone that is just CMDA compatible I wont explain it on here if you want to know the information on how to do that please contact me at beachsexypartygals @ yahoo . com
    Last of all: I do not want to hear people say this stuff cant be done to a black berry because it can be done. I have been with every cell phone company that is out So I know and I have phones that I purchase and I get in them all the time and change stuff around in them things that we are not suppose to do or know nothing about cause the Carrier/network company puts this block on your phone by reprogramming it before they ship it out to you see when they get the phones they are completely unlocked and the carriers just do this so we half to buy this and that from them but even with that they are still using all of the sources that these cell phone devices can be used for. And I will say this the information that I give is not illegal in any way. If you have the knowledge it can be done but the companies want you to pay them a great price to do and only get part of what you are looking for with your phone I wont get into to much of details what I have been able to get my cell phones to do I have even done this for friends and I do not charge for the knowledge all that I ask is e careful when you change the configurations around in your phone I got a tablet for each cell phone I mess with I right down every thing even if I dont change it right down to the order it goes in a lot of times you will use this whole tablet of paper up but it is good to do cause if you ever mess some thing up you have your tablet paper and reset it to how it is suppose to be done. And carriers say they can not unlock the cell phone thats a bunch of hog wash cause I have had every carrier tell me that and after I tell them every funny cause I am this part in it and I got a program that I made myself ill get a used trashed phone hooked it up to my pc and it finds the unlock codes in the phone to reprogram them. if you have AT&T what ever like them remember some times when you call to activate it they will give you a bunch of numbers to key in on your phone this is a activation code but always right it down many people do not know this that is also your code in your phone like lg fusic they have three different unlock codes one for the carrier one for your network and one to wipe all your information out of the phone as if it brand new again done it all.
    So any one want to get all this info I have I will be glad to share it with the world as you can tell I have explained a lot on here a lot more than what any body else has one any website I have searched no one can come close to what I know. So hit me up!! share this with friends whom ever !!
    07-15-09 08:13 AM
    the code is ##000000 send, thats pound pound and six zero's then press send, you will need to change your BB Reg ID to that of a Sprint phone. IDK what the correct number is but yours will be 144 on the Alltel network. you will also need to change your SIP User Id right now it will be phonenumber@bb.alltel.net, simply change your nam programming and it will automagically change!

PM me for more questions
    07-15-09 01:01 PM
    JohnJacobFord, do you have the code for Verizon too? I just got the BB 8330 that is an Alltel phone but I have Verizon service and they are saying that Alltel phones will work on the Verizon network but not the one I have. Something isn't right and I want to try and unlock it to see if that works. I went to that menu with the 6 zeros but I don't have the code for everything to change. Can you help?
    07-20-09 07:24 PM
    Hello!!!!! I Want To Flash My Verizon Bb Curve To Metro Pcs Can U Please Help?
    09-20-09 09:18 PM
    Look I will keep this short or at least I will try to.
    Now for the people who lie and say it can't be done you are wrong and I have proved it. It can be done and any thing that has a computer membrane can be hacked and done.
    Now the hidden menu there is more than one there is a few hidden menu and if you think I'm wrong theirs many people who know I'm right. Now there's the ##000000 hit send key as if your calling some one that brings you to the one hidden menu that every one knows about but there is also ##111111 hit send key as if your calling some one this brings you to the other menu. Now when you bring that up you will see I know what I'm talking about and I know my ****. And CMDA can be used on other networks read my other post for more info from before It also has my email so you can email me for more info I want say any more about what I know on here other than Alltel network (Carrier) does still exist. Alltel is not completely owned by Verizon. You can get Alltel network as a carrier and not be any part of Verizon. I would not even recommend Verizon they are over priced their double for a plan and you don't get all the benefits. I have a alltel plan its $89 and I get 10 my circle and tons of usage minutes nights start at 7pm free weekends unlimited internet, data, pic text, mms, sms, imming, ext so on and so on for Verizon they told me several times their price is $199 and you loose some stuff that you won't get that you can get on Alltel. Now that is so screwed up. And then Verizon tells people that a bb curve 8330 can work on Verizon network as a carrie but then they say you can use the one you have from Alltel. Lol Verizon sells the same phone. And cost way more. But I can tell you how to get the Alltel which I highly recommend, but I know how and what to do to get the Alltel and not be Verizon. I have helped a lot of people out who have emailed me cause they've seen my posting here. And even got their phone fixed and working like others say it can't be done and also gotten others a Alltel plan up to todays date. So like I said the hacking the bb I won't say any more here read my other post to get more info and my email address.
    Thank You
    Merry Christmas

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-09 05:43 PM
    Now for the people who lie and say it can't be done you are wrong and I have proved it. It can be done and any thing that has a computer membrane can be hacked and done.
    Now the hidden menu there is more than one there is a few hidden menu and if you think I'm wrong theirs many people who know I'm right. Now there's the ##000000 hit send key as if your calling some one that brings you to the one hidden menu that every one knows about but there is also ##111111 hit send key as if your calling some one this brings you to the other menu. Now when you bring that up you will see I know what I'm talking about and I know my ****. And CMDA can be used on other networks read my other post for more info from before It also has my email so you can email me for more info I want say any more about what I know on here other than Alltel network (Carrier) does still exist. Alltel is not completely owned by Verizon. You can get Alltel network as a carrier and not be any part of Verizon. I would not even recommend Verizon they are over priced their double for a plan and you don't get all the benefits. I have a alltel plan its $89 and I get 10 my circle and tons of usage minutes nights start at 7pm free weekends unlimited internet, data, pic text, mms, sms, imming, ext so on and so on for Verizon they told me several times their price is $199 and you loose some stuff that you won't get that you can get on Alltel. Now that is so screwed up. And then Verizon tells people that a bb curve 8330 can work on Verizon network as a carrie but then they say you can use the one you have from Alltel. Lol Verizon sells the same phone. And cost way more. But I can tell you how to get the Alltel which I highly recommend, but I know how and what to do to get the Alltel and not be Verizon. I have helped a lot of people out who have emailed me cause they've seen my posting here. And even got their phone fixed and working like others say it can't be done and also gotten others a Alltel plan up to todays date. So like I said the hacking the bb I won't say any more here read my other post to get more info and my email address.
    Thank You
    Merry Christmas

12-22-09 06:27 PM
    Thank You
    Merry Christmas

12-22-09 06:39 PM
    will an BB alltel 8330 work for at&t?
    04-22-10 03:34 PM
    Hey! Dont listen to people when they tell you that a blackberry Alltel Cant be Flashed, Because it can. I have a Alltel Flashed to Metro Pcs and I have Calls ,TXT, Picture MMS, Internet. I'm in Florida at the moment I'm still working on getting the Facebook app to work. Metro Doesnt give any technical support for the Blackberry 8330 flashed from any carrier. but you can search Web and youll get everything necessary. To flash use CDMA Workshop and QPST to change the SPC CODE TO ALL 000000 and place the metro PRL, once you got that you can dial ##000000# and it will let you program your account. here is the Service book that will give you Internet and MMS. GOod luck
    Last edited by lares00669; 06-02-10 at 03:13 PM. Reason: for got something
    06-02-10 03:10 PM
    couldnt upload the service book email me and i will email the servicebook
    06-02-10 03:14 PM
    will an BB alltel 8330 work for at&t?
    No because the 8330 doesn't take sim cards and AT&T only has SIM cards.
    06-02-10 07:19 PM
    Now second: The IMEI that you mentioned, the only companies/network providers (carriers) use is the only ones that use sim cards in the device such as t-mobile, AT&T, Nextel so on. When you go to look for the IMEI on a CDMA cell phone it is known as a ESN and you will find the ESN number behind your battery if not there you can go in your cell phones Option menu scroll down to status and you will find the ESN number located there. There is a way for you to change your information in your cell phone that is just CMDA compatible I wont explain it on here if you want to know the information on how to do that please contact me at beachsexypartygals at y a h o o dot c o m (figure out the email Put it together)
    Plz help me then how do I unlock my Alltel phone for use with Verizon

01-17-11 07:28 PM
    Not possible. Carrier will not allow you to register a different carrier CDMA device.
    01-17-11 07:32 PM
    Yeah, if you are on an Alltel plan with Verizon, then you can activate an Alltel device on that plan on Verizon. Otherwise, you need to get a Verizon device.
    01-17-11 08:57 PM

i need help i have an alltel 9630 i want to use it on verizon??
    01-18-11 12:31 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD