HI All,
    Thinking of buying a storm 2 but was wondering if the unlocks are identical. Its a Verizon phone and I plan to use it on Telus. I see some unlocks on Ebay for $2.99 while others are charging $20 and higher. Is the cheap one just as good as the $20 one?
    Thanks,
    J.
    06-20-10 03:21 PM
    I would imagine they would all work properly in unlocking the device, you will see a price difference based on quality of the company IMO. Goes back to the "you get what you paid for" kind of thing. Some companies take up to 72 hours to deliver the codes, while others for a little more are nearly instant delivery.
    06-20-10 03:26 PM
    OK thanks. I was wondering because some places claim that some unlocked 9550's don't give you MMS or data. Is that a sales tactic or is there truth to it?
    06-20-10 04:30 PM
    All unlocks give you the same thing. A unlock code will unlock the device to use on any compatible GSM network. As far as all features working on that network. That's something you have to research if there are additional steps you have to do.
    06-20-10 09:05 PM
    OK thanks. I was wondering because some places claim that some unlocked 9550's don't give you MMS or data. Is that a sales tactic or is there truth to it?
    All unlocks give you the same thing. A unlock code will unlock the device to use on any compatible GSM network. As far as all features working on that network. That's something you have to research if there are additional steps you have to do.
    Exactly as CarrierUnlock stated. Just unlocking the device does not instantly give you all the features. Sometimes there are special steps required to get them all to work properly, but all that information can be found right here within the CrackBerry forums!
    06-20-10 09:08 PM
    Your on the money!!
    06-20-10 09:12 PM
    All codes are the same. The difference in price will be the difference in service and support you will get. Don't expect a $2.99 code seller to reply to an email promptly or offer you phone support
    06-20-10 11:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD