i have a vodafone blackberry 8900. i use a lebara sim-card and i used it normally for 1 week more or less. after this period every times i wanted make a call it said me "call failed"... always.

so i surfed the web and i bought a code to unlock the phone and it seemed to work because to the sim-card option all settings are disabled (when it didn't work not all setting were disabled). but even if all setting are disabled i still can't make and receive calls...

i'm sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand which is my problem so (if is possible) i can solve it...

thank you very much!
    10-13-10 08:08 AM
    You should try to reload your device with a different OS.
    10-13-10 08:34 AM
    thanks for the answer... but... what do you mean with "reload your device with a different OS."? so do you think that if i would change the os of the phone it could work normally? and wich OS do you suggest to me?

i'd like to know your single opinion, just to know alittle more about the unloking and why if i use my nokia n70 it works well, my blackberry has these problems... thank you very much!
    10-13-10 10:58 PM
    I think there is new OS from rogers for the 8900 which you can download it directly from blackberry.com or check out: Introducing the BlackBerry OS Super Page! | CrackBerry.com ...
    Last edited by freethisberrydotcom; 10-13-10 at 11:12 PM.
    10-13-10 11:09 PM
    ok, i will try to do that... anyway... i have this problem only with the BB, because if i use my nokia n70 it works well. initially i thought that the problem was the lebara sim-card, so i tried to use my TIM-Italy sim-card but it doesn't work too... so i think that is a problem of the phone... but, why are there this problem?

thank you very much, as soon as possible i will install the new OS and i'll say you i resolved the problem
    10-14-10 08:01 AM
    Not usually the case. Majority of people are have no issue with unlocked phones.
    10-14-10 01:53 PM
    i have a vodafone blackberry 8900. i use a lebara sim-card and i used it normally for 1 week more or less. after this period every times i wanted make a call it said me "call failed"... always.

so i surfed the web and i bought a code to unlock the phone and it seemed to work because to the sim-card option all settings are disabled (when it didn't work not all setting were disabled). but even if all setting are disabled i still can't make and receive calls...

i'm sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand which is my problem so (if is possible) i can solve it...

thank you very much!
    Do you have the latest OS on your phone?
    10-15-10 01:41 PM
    not yet... i've just finished to download it and now i try to upgrade the OS
    10-15-10 10:45 PM
    i have a problem eith the installation of the latest OS... i'm following this guide http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os, but when i try to instll the latest OS the program say me that i nedd to subscribe to BB service to install the OS... i want to subscribe but i dn't know how and where i can subscribe... it say me to go to BlackBerry - Data Plan - Upgrade Your BlackBerry Data Plan but i can choose only canada and north america...

is there a way to install the OS without the subscription or i need to subscribe to the service? and how can i subscribe?
    Last edited by Guercio; 10-16-10 at 10:22 AM.
    10-16-10 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD