Hey i unlocked my bb from rogers and nw i am tryin to set up the bb service on another network from the caribbean...someone told me that because it was on the rogers network 1st i have to wait until the phone is completely disconnected from their servers in order to get the service...can anyone help me?
    09-04-10 04:54 PM
    what errors are you getting?... first you need a bb data plan, and you need to register the device on your carriers BIS... if you are getting an error registering for your carriers BIS then yes the previous owner needs to have the device removed from his.her account... no way around this...
    09-04-10 07:08 PM
    Hey i unlocked my bb from rogers and nw i am tryin to set up the bb service on another network from the caribbean...someone told me that because it was on the rogers network 1st i have to wait until the phone is completely disconnected from their servers in order to get the service...can anyone help me?
    Should be fine, just need to make sure you get a BIS or a BES plan .
    09-05-10 10:37 AM
    Do you have the new company's sim card installed, don't have any experience in this area but that might be the problem.
    09-05-10 10:50 AM
    Make sure pin is detached from orginal carrier eg rogers !
    09-14-10 04:26 AM
    I'm having a similar problem; the phone was locked to Orange initially, but I left it with a friend for 2 weeks and he unlocked it. Other sims work now, except the bb plan. I've tried a different sim with bb on, but no luck. Where you able to fix yours? I called orange to release the pin, but i'm not sure how long I have to wait.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-10 03:00 AM
    Can my phone be locked pin-wise in more way than one? It's a 9700. I was thinking I might have to unlock it once more. Thanks in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-10 03:10 AM
    you have to get the PIN released from the carrier (aka the old users account) if it is still tided to the old users account it will not add to a new account... its a security issue RIM designed to prevent stolen devices from being used
    09-15-10 08:57 AM
    you have to get the PIN released from the carrier (aka the old users account) if it is still tided to the old users account it will not add to a new account... its a security issue RIM designed to prevent stolen devices from being used
    You can still use the phone with a locked (dirty) PIN. BBM will absolutely not work though. As long as the SIM card is active with a BIS/BES plan, the phone and data services will work. PIN-dependant (hahahaha) services will not function.
    09-15-10 09:54 AM
    Ugh...

Ask the original carrier to clear the BlackBerry Internet Service account of your PIN and IMEI. Zero them out. This frees up the phone for other carriers.
    09-15-10 01:44 PM
    You can still use the phone with a locked (dirty) PIN. BBM will absolutely not work though. As long as the SIM card is active with a BIS/BES plan, the phone and data services will work. PIN-dependant (hahahaha) services will not function.
    exactly... and what data uses the PIN... ALL OF IT... email, PIN, BBM, any and all data and it goes thru the RIM servers... there are some apps that use TCP/APN settings to get data which is the carrier, but none of the BB functions will work without a valid PIN and it registered to a valid BB data plan
    09-16-10 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD