I have recently purchased a blackberry bold 9000 att from ebay the phone works and everything but the seller assured me it was unlocked I have tmobile and the phone is not unlocked... I cant find the guy who sold it to me and all the other misfortunes that come with being jerked over.....

So my question is since I dont have At&t will they still unlock it? is it expensive? what about all of these ads that say unlock phone are they for real? can anyone reccomend somewhere cheap, or free preferably?

Thanks in advance and please no snooty remarks about woulda coulda shoulda..
    07-27-10 12:08 AM
    There are several reputable unlockers in the Unlocking Forum who will be able to provide you an unlock code for a small fee. I would suggest that you post your request in that forum.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    07-27-10 01:15 AM
    You can go to berrymods.com and they will unlock it for free and yes you will beable to use it with T-mobile once its unlocked. Or you can go the long way around and file a claim with ebay/paypal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-10 01:43 AM
    I have recently purchased a blackberry bold 9000 att from ebay the phone works and everything but the seller assured me it was unlocked I have tmobile and the phone is not unlocked... I cant find the guy who sold it to me and all the other misfortunes that come with being jerked over.....

So my question is since I dont have At&t will they still unlock it? is it expensive? what about all of these ads that say unlock phone are they for real? can anyone reccomend somewhere cheap, or free preferably?

Just call AT&T. The worst they can say is no. I've had my phone unlocked when I wasn't an AT&T customer. If one person says no. Hang up and call again. They can do it for you.
    07-27-10 02:14 PM
    Moving thread to Unlocking Forum.
    07-27-10 03:29 PM
    Jus for a future reference when buying something from ebay, be sure to check the positive percentage and the amount of people who bought items from that user (usually found a quarter of a page below the top right corner). And one more useful tip be sure to checkout the previous buyer feedbacks on the users page just so u have an idea of what you should expect

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-10 07:33 PM
    We can definitely help you unlock your phone. Its actually surprisingly cheap and easy to do. Like Lak611 said, there are a few of us on the forum with great feedback, so feel free to visit our site and submit your order (link is in our signature)
    07-27-10 09:59 PM
    Bummer that the phone didn't come unlocked but don't stress about the situation. A code is a few bucks and processes instantly. Find someone on here to get it and you are good to go.
    07-27-10 10:19 PM
    If you need help unlocking your phone use one of us who has been around for a while. There are a lot of new unlocking companies getting into the game now.
    07-29-10 03:00 PM

Sorry to hear that! Any of us unlockers here can help you unlock it. Let us know if you need help.
    07-30-10 11:06 AM

You can always try, worst they can do is say NO.
    07-30-10 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD