05-29-12 09:15 AM
246 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I'm itching to have a play with this but am not going to risk it (at least until someone produces a comprehensive guide!).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 01:25 PM
    Lets move this over to Tips, How To, and FAQ
    11-03-09 01:32 PM
    Let's!

11-03-09 01:36 PM
    I agree this should not be in a general forum. Also, you could rename it to:

How to brick a Storm in 5 easy steps.

jrohland
    Agreed, it sure could, which is why I marked it Advanced users only. I think it was me who changed it way back when.
    11-03-09 01:44 PM
    I wonder if this could be used to make 5.0.0.328 fully functional on the TMO network...????

Anyone???
    there's no other functions that are there to be unlocked via this screen. all of the limitations are hardware/network issues. not something that can be changed or switched via software or menu options.
    11-03-09 05:11 PM
    Not sure if anyone mentioned this but i know someone said to open it use 2*92. Well since you can't open the keyboard in landscape anymore i figured out how to open the Engineering Screen in SureType.

To open the Engineering Screen in SureType lock !?123 and then hit 1 ? 7 1

This will bring up the Engineering Screen and you don't have to go through some website everytime and lose you Help Me! Screen.
    11-05-09 08:35 PM
    I found this in the comments of the berryreview post, tried it, and it worked!

Turn on assisted GPS without using VZ Navigator:

Radio/GPS/GPS Options/PDE Options. In there, input this data:

PDE IP Address: 66.174.95.132
    PDE Port: 8888

These are Verizon specific settings, but if you google around for PDE IP Address and your carrier, you should be able to find others. I did a batt pull after applying these settings, and my GPS connects up in seconds now!
    11-09-09 12:48 PM
    Well you can't open the keyboard in 5.0 from the home screen anymore from what I can tell. ab0mbs Suretype method doesn't make sense because you can't open the suretype keyboard from the home screen.
    11-10-09 08:34 AM
    I found this in the comments of the berryreview post, tried it, and it worked!

Turn on assisted GPS without using VZ Navigator:

Radio/GPS/GPS Options/PDE Options. In there, input this data:

PDE IP Address: 66.174.95.132
    PDE Port: 8888

These are Verizon specific settings, but if you google around for PDE IP Address and your carrier, you should be able to find others. I did a batt pull after applying these settings, and my GPS connects up in seconds now!

You can do it easier by going into: home screen>options>Adv opt.>GPS>enable location aiding.
    My GPS finds satellites instantly.
    11-10-09 09:16 AM
    You can do it easier by going into: home screen>options>Adv opt.>GPS>enable location aiding.
    I've turned that on in the past, and had no luck with finding satellites quickly. Adding the PDE settings (and having the setting you mentioned turned on) finds the satellites much faster for me.
    11-10-09 10:10 AM
    that didn't work for me...how do I change the App Version Number.
    11-12-09 03:38 PM
    Well I have been messing with this screen for about 4 hrs now and I'm wondering if everuone else gets gps unavailable in os engineering screen? There is also a lot of stuff for dim and backlight which I have that dimming issue on mine?

I run the test screen under status and it won't connect while running the gps test in gps under advanced opt. Its on and aiding is enabled

Last edited by BBpatriotStorm; 11-20-09 at 05:44 PM.
    11-20-09 05:39 PM
    that didn't work for me...how do I change the App Version Number.
    By either upgrading or downgrading the os. Otherwise whatever os ur currently running that what will show.

11-20-09 05:42 PM
    Damm that was quick I applied the ip add u gave and found it in 41Ms haha compared to never when I didn't have it set. Under os engineering screen still says gps unavailable????

11-20-09 05:57 PM
    Agreed, it sure could, which is why I marked it Advanced users only. I think it was me who changed it way back when.
    Actually, that's the original thread title I used way back when.

11-20-09 07:21 PM
    Let's see...

1. What used to take 2-3 minutes at times to get GPS now takes 1/100 of a sec, as I have it set for continuous. Now there are a couple of people in here that have configured the GPS to get it to within a meter accuracy..I think I have ideas on how to do that but need to read up on a few things before I give it a shot.

2. I've been able to adjust clock speeds to 624MHZ which gives the processor a huge boost, along with making certain adjustments in compression to enhance the increase further. Also have been able to make positive adjustments in Wifi which really helps when surfing and loading of videos and large files.

3. Have voice codec set for AMR-F which enhances call quality...noticed that this afternoon as the clarity improved tremendously.

I wouldn't have made any of these changes without doing lots of reading on the subjects above and by observing many of the experts right here in Crackberry (they know who they are....

Just realized this is a Storm thread...but we've all got E-Screens hidden back there (well...not so hidden anymore).
    Last edited by abmtgman; 11-20-09 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Storm thread..
    11-20-09 07:36 PM
    Let's see...

1. What used to take 2-3 minutes at times to get GPS now takes 1/100 of a sec, as I have it set for continuous. Now there are a couple of people in here that have configured the GPS to get it to within a meter accuracy..I think I have ideas on how to do that but need to read up on a few things before I give it a shot.

2. I've been able to adjust clock speeds to 624MHZ which gives the processor a huge boost, along with making certain adjustments in compression to enhance the increase further. Also have been able to make positive adjustments in Wifi which really helps when surfing and loading of videos and large files.

3. Have voice codec set for AMR-F which enhances call quality...noticed that this afternoon as the clarity improved tremendously.

I wouldn't have made any of these changes without doing lots of reading on the subjects above and by observing many of the experts right here in Crackberry (they know who they are....

Just realized this is a Storm thread...but we've all got E-Screens hidden back there (well...not so hidden anymore).
    care to share pathing for these settings for everyone? obviously some settings (wifi specifically) won't apply to everyone, etc....

EDIT:
    #1 with VZW, aGPS enabled no issues with connectivity speeds, usually instant like you describe anyway, so didn't mess with anything

#2 couldn't find any settings relating to processor speeds, if you care to elaborate i'd be happy to check it out.

#3 only applies to GSM users
    Last edited by patches152; 11-20-09 at 09:39 PM.
    11-20-09 08:04 PM
    Is there an alternate way to generate your escreen code as http://absolous.no-ip.com/projects/escreen/ seems to be unavailable?
    12-08-09 09:54 AM
    The generator can be reached at BlackBerry eScreen Unlock Code Generator (by Thyth) now. Same server, same generator, new URL.
    12-08-09 02:58 PM
    The generator can be reached at BlackBerry eScreen Unlock Code Generator (by Thyth) now. Same server, same generator, new URL.
    Awesome, thanks.

12-08-09 04:09 PM
    replying to month old posts:

Not sure if anyone mentioned this but i know someone said to open it use 2*92. Well since you can't open the keyboard in landscape anymore i figured out how to open the Engineering Screen in SureType.

To open the Engineering Screen in SureType lock !?123 and then hit 1 ? 7 1

This will bring up the Engineering Screen and you don't have to go through some website everytime and lose you Help Me! Screen.

Well you can't open the keyboard in 5.0 from the home screen anymore from what I can tell. ab0mbs Suretype method doesn't make sense because you can't open the suretype keyboard from the home screen.
    With .328, I have a side convenience key set to virtual keyboard, and it opens a keyboard on the home screen in portrait mode. Doesn't work in landscape.

However, in portrait mode, with portrait keyboard set to SureType, ab0mbs code of 1?71 brings up the help me screen, not the engineering screen as ab0mb claimed.
    12-08-09 04:33 PM
    There anything i can do using this screen to get my GPS to work??? Lately its been timing out trying to find satellites, i was looking through the GPS screens but all this stuff looks Greek to me and i dont wanna touch anything withougt knowing what it does.
    12-08-09 04:47 PM
    There anything i can do using this screen to get my GPS to work??? Lately its been timing out trying to find satellites, i was looking through the GPS screens but all this stuff looks Greek to me and i dont wanna touch anything withougt knowing what it does.
    your gps should work without having to do anything here. check ur advanced settings, gps..also, make sure you are outdoors and it should lock a signal.
    12-08-09 10:44 PM
    With .328, I have a side convenience key set to virtual keyboard, and it opens a keyboard on the home screen in portrait mode. Doesn't work in landscape.

However, in portrait mode, with portrait keyboard set to SureType, ab0mbs code of 1?71 brings up the help me screen, not the engineering screen as ab0mb claimed.
    quoted for truth.
    12-09-09 05:23 PM
    Its set to Location On and Location Aiding is Enabled. Ive tried to get it to work while standing still outside and nothing. Ive also tried it while in my car placing my phone right next to my Garmin (which is working) and both times i keep getting Unable to connect to satellities, or it will just sit on Acquiring Satellities forever.
    12-10-09 05:20 AM
246 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD