05-29-12 08:15 AM
246 1234 ...
tools
    Just bookmark the link...the generator works on the mobile browser too..the person who created that generator said that if rim ever tries to shut down that link, he will just post the program code algorithm. He said its just a few lines long..I'm sure someone could easily make an app for that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    gotcha will do! and that would be a great app to have! so BTW i ran the test for the screen sensor and it is all over the place, its not a very stable piece of equipment! wow! i saw a massive battery drain while just watching it in the test screen. phone now too low for radio use. jeez! is there a way to disable it? cause all i can think of now is turning off auto backlight dimming or whatever in the screen/keyboard options page. think that will work?
    06-20-09 05:42 PM
    have had my phone charging via USB (Thanks stupid light sensor) for about an hour and is still showing a 1400 figure (is this milliampere/hours?) and is charging at a rate similar to a house outlet.
    06-20-09 06:39 PM
    have had my phone charging via USB (Thanks stupid light sensor) for about an hour and is still showing a 1400 figure (is this milliampere/hours?) and is charging at a rate similar to a house outlet.
    hi there, firstly gotta say when i ran the test on mine and the one in our store it didnt kill the battery, so im sorry it did that, if id known i would said

on a more positive note its being fed back to rim as we speak
    06-20-09 06:50 PM
    Quit your whining. if you brick your phone then you learn something new and you'll realize you either 1 shouldn't be messing with those options or 2 are well on your way to learning something new.

You will be the first one complaining that you bricked your phone because you think you are an advanced user.
    06-20-09 06:59 PM
    this is cool...i hope some good stuff comes out of this finding
    06-20-09 07:35 PM
    Right? i feel all C.I.A.-ish tinkering with stuff never meant for the public to find. i wish i knew what equation or algorithm they used to generate the 8character access code to get into the screen for incase i need to do it away from a computer!
    Now that would be a nice app to install on the phone...
    06-20-09 08:01 PM
    You will be the first one complaining that you bricked your phone because you think you are an advanced user.
    This reminds me of how over at avs forums people enter their TVs service menu and start messing around in there and now have a blank screen and want help to fix it. The service menu is hidden for a reason folks.

06-20-09 08:04 PM
    There's a ton of stuff hidden in cars and trucks...but people still mod them...what's the difference here?

06-20-09 08:06 PM
    u guys do anything to the gps stuff? im thinkg of doing something?
    06-20-09 08:15 PM
    This reminds me of how over at avs forums people enter their TVs service menu and start messing around in there and now have a blank screen and want help to fix it. The service menu is hidden for a reason folks.

exactly

Civic stated that a consumer cant actually brick a BB since they dont have access to the bootloader and i assume she means this set of options too but i wouldnt bet my life on it.
    06-20-09 08:22 PM
    hi there, firstly gotta say when i ran the test on mine and the one in our store it didnt kill the battery, so im sorry it did that, if id known i would said

on a more positive note its being fed back to rim as we speak
    I just ran the test it seems very stable, and now I can't get out of it...
    Last edited by Daniel Camacho; 06-20-09 at 08:43 PM.
    06-20-09 08:26 PM
    Yeah I ran the test mentioned above and I'm stuck in the light sensor test. Sorry to get off topic but anyone got a tip?

06-20-09 08:36 PM
    Goto JVM Engineering screen then goto processes...then find the one that says selftest, then highlight it and kill process..its obvious this self test was made for trackball devices

Yeah I ran the test mentioned above and I'm stuck in the light sensor test. Sorry to get off topic but anyone got a tip?

06-20-09 08:44 PM
    Goto JVM Engineering screen then goto processes...then find the one that says selftest, then highlight it and kill process..its obvious this self test was made for trackball devices

Thanks that did it... whoooo
    06-20-09 08:50 PM
    is there a way of changing the radio signal with this so i can have better recption or is it just the phone it sel i was once a dumb phone user and i got 3 - 4 bars and now i am lucky to get 1-2 bars
    06-20-09 08:54 PM
    exactly

Civic stated that a consumer cant actually brick a BB since they dont have access to the bootloader and i assume she means this set of options too but i wouldnt bet my life on it.
    The engineering screens you're accessing are in the native firmware, and are not served by the operating system. You don't have that insulation layer if you majorly screw up by changing settings in there.

It's clear RIM doesn't want people accessing that part of the system without authorization, which is why they made the access control dependent on the device unique PIN, and a transient up time value. The mere mortal carrier representatives aren't even given access to the official generator.

If you don't know what you're doing, don't use my reverse engineered generator. It's easy to screw up your device if you don't have a clue what those settings do.

It's not as risky as loading a manufacturer testing firmware via the leaked internal tools, or trying to change device PIN, but you have plenty of rope with which to hang your device via engineering screen settings.
    06-20-09 09:03 PM
    one or more of those radio or modem settings is most likely the culprit for why GSM users cant tether their storms and repeatedly get error code 678.
    anyone feeling brave?
    06-20-09 09:42 PM

I think this is why its for advanced usersi aint touchin this

06-20-09 09:51 PM
    I think this is why its for advanced usersi aint touchin this

exactly. If you dont have a understanding or guide on what something does dont touch it. This forum is filled with people that rush into to loading crap on their phone and then complain about how its screwed up.
    TTBGF likes this.
    06-20-09 10:31 PM
    Anyone else see Light sensor?
    06-20-09 11:06 PM
    I'm like most on here and took one look then closed it lol.

Is there anyone on here that has changed a few settings for the better that would like to share or are settings unique per phone or carrier / country?
    06-21-09 05:01 AM
    right then, so this is the engineering screen, so maybe it`d be a good one to post the test screen on here too

go into options> status

bring up the keyboard, same rules apply, you WONT see what your typing, but all is good, then just type in test and you are then in a diagnostics tool, then just run the diagnostics on whichever component/system you wish

my biggest thing iv noticed, which im sure is whats causing the battery issue, is that if you run the light sensor test, its just all over the place, even if you dont adjust the phone or lighting (the sensor is built in to the LED in the top right of the phone) now seems to me if that sensors all over the place, surely the screen is working overtime, hence the useless batterys some people are reporting, jus my 2p, but im sure its mainly the screen (mix of heat and touch and size) thats the biggest issue

i wonder if anyones used the 2 screens - engineering screen and diagnostics screen - in tandem to improve the phone??

results please if ya have
    Does not work on 9530 (or maybe it's a Hybrid OS issue)
    06-21-09 11:13 AM
    is ther a way of changing the vedor id through this
    06-21-09 11:24 AM
    is ther a way of changing the vedor id through this
    nope......
    06-21-09 12:22 PM
    Does not work on 9530 (or maybe it's a Hybrid OS issue)
    It works you just have to follow the directions to the T.
    06-21-09 12:23 PM
246 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD