01-08-12 10:44 AM
57 123
tools
    Hi, I am new to the forum, read a lot though, and I find annoying having the ACTIVATION REQUIRED message. I just folllowed through the suggested method and now I get my carrier's banner on my brand new Tour 9630!

Thanks a lot to this great forum
    which method ure using...coz i found all the method is not working...
    09-08-09 11:33 AM
    So for some of you couldnt you just all your carrier and get a number with no contract since you have device? I know some of you are trying to do GSM but others you should just be able to activate no? Also for verizon sometimes the two numbers are not the same, you may want to see if you can get VZW to give you the local routing, IT IS NOT ALWAYS THE SAME AS PHONE NUMBER....could be part of the problem?
    09-08-09 12:48 PM
    So im obviously new here, i recently got a storm from a buddy of mine that was using it in SIM mode with T-Mobile. I took it into the Verizon store this morning to get it swapped out from my HTC Touch Pro and they said the phone couldnt be activated, i tried dialing ##000000 and it said my phone couldnt be authenticated at this time. Im assuming that its because its unlocked or because i have an Alltel plan and need the BB services put on the acct.

Im gonna try to go back tonight after i get off work. But some input would be much appreciated so i kinda have a leg to stand on when they try to give me the run around again.

Thanks
    09-08-09 03:14 PM
    Honestly if your phone was from Verizon, just use ##000000, it's the default, when I called from Iraq, to have the same thing done, that's what I was told. it's worked on the 8830, as well as the storm, Hope that helps!
    09-09-09 12:46 PM
    I found this, but will it work on Verizon???

Obtain these two programs:

1. uniCDMA
    2. Hexworkshop

1. Install your blackberry desktop manager. (Im using version 4.7 and it hasnt given me any problems.) Plug In blackberry.

2. Run desktop manager

3. Minimize DM and run uniCDMA

4. Select "Qualcomm" under the mode drop menu

5. Click setup and change the port to com4

6. Click Read all and it should fill in the boxes on the left with your blackberry information

7. Click HF ->DM

8. Click memory and change the starting address to 0x17c47cce and length to 524288. Click read and save to file.

9. Now open Hexworkshop and open the file you just created.

10. In the right box you will see a 6 digit number. That is your MSL password.

11. Unplug your blackberry and call ##XXXXXX (XXXXXX is the MSL password) Press Send

12. Change the Mobile Directory Number to you 10 digit cell number.

13. Press Menu then close and it will reset your phone and you are good to go.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any problems and ill try to help. Im not totally sure if your MSL code will be in the same area as mine so if not let me know and i can find some number adjustments for you.
    i have 9630 verizon & i am useing the ur method with (##000000) edit my phone number for activation & done it set write succesfully reboot mobile. if i m useing airtel india incomeing & outgoing call working but vodafone india sim showing the full network but no outgoing & incomeing call... can u solve my prob bro?
    B.r
    Ajay
    09-24-09 02:02 AM
    Activating the phone usually fixes that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    hi i m from india we need some help u have any chat id: ?
    09-24-09 02:10 AM
    What's with all the spam in this thread?

10-23-09 11:14 AM
    Hi this is in reference to getting rid of the activation required of the unlocked sprint BB tour.
    I Downloaded UniCDMA_2.1 and was following instructions stated by you. However in the set up option when i click on Com4 it says couldnt connect to that port. The read all function also doesnt seem to work. Please help
    Am i using a different version of UNICDMA ? If so please tell me which version to downloa dand give me the link too if u can for it
    11-03-09 05:32 AM
    please help someone ....?
    11-06-09 02:20 AM
    just try ##000000, press call or press the BB sign, change the 10 digit number to your phone number and press save, it will reboot and that's it
    11-27-09 08:31 AM
    will these instructions work with the tour? cant get the address and length to work.

please help!

01-25-10 01:08 PM
    for my unlocked storm 9530, all i did was dial ##000000 send
    then i entered my att phone number, and then press menu save. Your storm will reset, and all will be well.

That got rid of the activation required message for me.
    Hi everyone, I'm from malaysia. I got my blackberry from my wife as a present and unfortunately its a Verizone phone. Here in Malaysia the service provider could not take away the "authorization required" message. I had to live with it for a while until I use cjarbone method, UREKA...it works and the message is gone. I'm really happy...thanks man...you rock!

-Ted
    04-22-10 09:20 PM
    Hi everyone, I'm from malaysia. I got my blackberry from my wife as a present and unfortunately its a Verizone phone. Here in Malaysia the service provider could not take away the "authorization required" message. I had to live with it for a while until I use cjarbone method, UREKA...it works and the message is gone. I'm really happy...thanks man...you rock!

-Ted
    Glad to hear. Send ##000000 Send will work on any Verizon Tour/Storm.
    04-23-10 12:51 AM
    Glad to hear. Send ##000000 Send will work on any Verizon Tour/Storm.
    It worked with me as well! I think some people might be confused here. I just want to clarify something here- getting rid of the "activation required" message doesnt mean unlocking all the features on that phone i.e Browser, BBM etc..

I am trying something at the moment, will get back to you if it works!
    06-16-10 07:48 PM
    You need a Blackberry Data Plan for features like that to work.
    06-16-10 09:31 PM
    It worked with me as well! I think some people might be confused here. I just want to clarify something here- getting rid of the "activation required" message doesnt mean unlocking all the features on that phone i.e Browser, BBM etc..

I am trying something at the moment, will get back to you if it works!
    Correct, it only enables you to program your number in the phone.
    06-16-10 11:22 PM
    this wont work with sprint tour 9630. i have it unlocked using t-mobile.

any help?
    06-23-10 03:13 AM
    this wont work with sprint tour 9630. i have it unlocked using t-mobile.

any help?
    Each Sprint 9630 has a different MSL code programmed on the phone. We can get it for you for a small fee.
    06-23-10 10:07 AM
    for my unlocked storm 9530, all i did was dial ##000000 send
    then i entered my att phone number, and then press menu save. Your storm will reset, and all will be well.

That got rid of the activation required message for me.
    Awsome man this helped !!
    thank you
    (9650 bold verizon)
    08-26-10 04:26 AM
    ##111111 works with bell 9650
    08-29-10 07:03 PM
    Hi All...After much looking for an MSL code for my Telus Storm 9530, I came accross that info from a Telus rep, in order to change the programmed Telus Network Phone Number to my Rogers number after unlocking the phone. Applied the number to my Storm and all worked great.
    Send##751592Send, and up comes the programming screen where you change the Mobile Directory Number to your GSM Carrier's number, hit menu-save and the phone will re-boot and display your number when a call is in place. Cheers
    09-04-10 01:58 PM
    Download free Music for you Backberry in musgle music search engine all music you want is free
    01-07-11 05:42 PM
    for simple yet effect unlocking, please visit us at our website stated below.
    01-17-11 01:54 PM
    You only need a MEP2 code to unlock the BlackBerry 9530 ...
    01-17-11 02:36 PM
    You only need a MEP2 code to unlock the BlackBerry 9530 ...
    Does this can be use also for 9650 Sprint with OS 6?
    I have the MEP2 & MEP4 but don't know how to use it
    02-02-11 06:16 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD