he got sick of paying 100 a month for the plan, got a non smart phone, and gave me this like new storm he had only used for about six months. I got all the standard accessories and the original receipt he paid for it on. It is a great phone but now I have to get it activated. It was on Verizon, now to be on T mobile. I called T mobile because it is way ways cheaper for their basic plan which is all I will ever use minutes and data wise and more.

my questions are these. Will I have to have the phone unlocked before I install the new SIMM card that T mobile is sending me? The TM rep didn't seem to know a ton but said all I would have to do is insert the new simm card, and turn the phone back on and it should come right up and work on my new T mobile phone number....is he right? Or do I need to have the phone unlocked first?

Second, how do I delete ALL the previous owners contacts? I already formatted the phone which got rid of all his emails and stuff but the contacts are still there.

Third, can I easily trasnfer my contacts from my verizon phone (work phone non smart phone) to my BB Storm? BTW this is a 9530.

thanks!

Kev
    05-27-10 11:54 AM
    as far as the contacts, go to menu, option, security options, security wipe.

that will properly remove all contacts, email, applications, not sure if you have to reload the os or not,,,

as far as unlocking it, I am not sure.
    05-27-10 12:43 PM
    It will need to be unlocked in order to use it on T-Mobile.
    05-27-10 12:45 PM
    You have to unlock it for the T-Mobile SIM to work in the phone. Also, as far as the contacts, What kind of phone do you have currently? I will try to find a way for you to transfer your contacts over.

We can help you unlock the Storm 9530.
    05-27-10 02:36 PM
    It's a Samsung SCUH 450, and what do you need number wise to help me unlock the BB Storm? BTW I REALLY appreciate the help!
    05-27-10 04:03 PM
    I need your IMEI and your MEP...Please go to my website for instructions on how to get these numbers from the phone.

ALSO, Please do not post your information in this thread. Instead you can PM me with the information.

I haven't had a chance to look up your phone, but I will post an update on what you need to do to save your contacts.
    05-27-10 04:38 PM
    Pretty simple to wipe the device. The option is under security settings. As far as phone transfer go into any T-Mobile store and see if they have a Cellbrite device and they can transfer your contacts that way.
    05-27-10 10:47 PM
    I agree completely with what CarrierUnlock said

Let any of us reputable unlockers know if you need any help with the unlocking part. You can submit your order on our site and it will take you through what we need from you.
    05-28-10 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD