I recently had my Sprint BB 8530 unlocked and switched to CricKet. Everything works sms, mms, and CricKet web. My BIS account is with Sprint (I guess). My question is how can I re register my BB? I need the BIS account to work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-10 02:41 PM
    The 8530 cannot be unlocked, since it does not use a SIM card.

What you are referring to is "flashing", not "unlocking". Flashed devices on other CDMA carrier's networks may not always work. Cricket sells their own BlackBerry now, so they might not let you use a flashed Sprint device on their BIS.
    12-12-10 02:46 PM
    Correct, flashing is whole different category than unlocking (quite a bit more complicated). I would give Cricket a call and ask them about using a flashed Blackberry from Sprint on their network. Wouldn't be surprised if you are out of luck, but you never know!
    12-12-10 04:30 PM
    I recently had my Sprint BB 8530 unlocked and switched to CricKet. Everything works sms, mms, and CricKet web. My BIS account is with Sprint (I guess). My question is how can I re register my BB? I need the BIS account to work.

Call Cricket technical support and try to register the pin... You will need take the pin off Sprint prior..
    12-12-10 05:17 PM
    It will only work if they allow you to add the esn to their BlackBerry Database which more than likely they won't. So you will be out of luck.
    12-12-10 10:51 PM
    they don't like when people use other phones on their network.
    12-13-10 12:45 PM
    I recently flashed my phone from Sprint to CricKet. My question is can I go back to Sprint? I appreciate the service but my internet is MUCH better with Sprint / BIS.

01-02-11 05:34 PM
    You can if the MEID has not been changed and if you flash it back to Sprint
    01-03-11 11:44 PM
    Also need to make sure the MEID is clean on Sprint's systems.
    01-04-11 01:01 PM
    The MEID has not been changed. And the guy who flashed it told me that if I even updated a new OS it would have to be re-flashed. So I'm wondering if I hit the main "Reset" button would that take it back to the factory/ Sprint settings? Or are there some codes that have to be re installed?

01-05-11 05:11 PM
    try visiting our site, your problem will be solved in 3 simple steps.
    01-18-11 04:12 PM
    try visiting our site, your problem will be solved in 3 simple steps.
    They are talking about flashing phones
    01-18-11 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD