Yeah, im getting the blackberry bold 9900. in a few days. so excited...

Im getting it free from Orange, at 25 a month, ill put the SIM i got from orange into my other crappy phone.

I have a contract from 3 Network, Ill take the 3 SIM and put it in the blackberry.

I need to unlock it first, ill just go to any cheap unlock shop on the high street, nearly every shop does it

IM JUST WONDERING: Is this illegal, does it damage the phone, does it void warranty, will the phone still work on 4G networks... coz 4G is supported in my area
    02-15-12 07:50 AM
    It is not illegal, and is generally safe to do. While it does not void the warranty, some providers will not provide tech support for an unlocked phone. Certainly you would HAVE to get tech support and warranty issues resolved with the carrier you purchased it from, NOT the other carrier. Also make sure you upgrade to a data plan with the second carrier. As for the 4G it all depends on the frequencies, and I'm not familiar with the European market.
    02-15-12 08:54 AM
    Couldn't have said it better than pkcable
    02-15-12 03:51 PM
    Yeah, im getting the blackberry bold 9900. in a few days. so excited...

Im getting it free from Orange, at 25 a month, ill put the SIM i got from orange into my other crappy phone.

I have a contract from 3 Network, Ill take the 3 SIM and put it in the blackberry.

I need to unlock it first, ill just go to any cheap unlock shop on the high street, nearly every shop does it

IM JUST WONDERING: Is this illegal, does it damage the phone, does it void warranty, will the phone still work on 4G networks... coz 4G is supported in my area
    OK, You PM to me your IMEI and carrier of you phone - 1 minute you have code unlock
    02-15-12 10:51 PM
    Unlocking isn't illegal in the sense that it would break any criminal law. It's perfectly legal to get your phone unlocked simply because it is your right.

There is something however called Civil Law, which you might just fall into here. Civil Law is concerned with the terms of agreements, such as contracts. If you have a contract with your phone's supplier and it states in there that you aren't allowed to unlock the phone during your agreed length of contract (or something wordy which sounds similar) then you might affect the warranty.

Some suppliers only have this condition for the first 60 days of you owning it however.

If you're really unsure, give your network a call and enquiry about their stance on unlocking. Alternatively, just have a look through your contract and play "Where's Wally" with the unlocking section.

Hope that helps.
    02-16-12 07:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD