So I purchased this phone from A nice man who bought it in the UK i believe, the company on it is O2. Anyhow the long and short of it is that it's unlocked and my Bell Canada SIM card works fine. However, I cant send service books or register it to the network. I go to the host routing table and register and it says its sent but then nothing happens. I try to go to Bell's Blackberry internet service site to register and it tells me i need to go to the host routing and register it. I'm just wondering what the solution is. Because anytime i go to add my email to it i keep getting "the device has a problem connecting to the server". Can I wipe the device and reinstall Bell's version of the OS? Also if i were to install a Hybrid OS would that affect my unlock?

Thanks. I'm at my wits end with trying to register this bloody thing
    10-04-10 11:05 AM
    Can I wipe the device and reinstall Bell's version of the OS?
    Also if i were to install a Hybrid OS would that affect my unlock?
    1) Yes, but that will make no difference
    2) No, once a device is unlocked it stays unlocked

I believe your problem stems from the original owner not releasing the phone's PIN and IMEI from their BIS account, prior to selling it.

The only thing you can do, is contact the seller and request them to do so.
    10-04-10 11:16 AM

I believe your problem stems from the original owner not releasing the phone's PIN and IMEI from their BIS account, prior to selling it.

What happens if they refuse to even release the PIN and IMEI from their BIS account?

That kinda gets you thinking...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-10 11:20 AM
    What happens if they refuse to even release the PIN and IMEI from their BIS account?
    ...then you own a phone, and not a BlackBerry
    10-04-10 11:25 AM
    ...then you own a phone, and not a BlackBerry
    I know, when that happens, the seller is being the most cruelest. And it sucks deeply for the buyer.

If a seller ever did that to me, I would call them out and a warning or counter-ad would be posted so other potential buyers wouldn't be ripped off of their blackberry internet services.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-10 11:27 AM

It sounds like this might be the case. I sent him an email and will try to get in touch with him. So all that would need to happen in this case is he needs to release the PIN and IMEI then im good to register?
    10-04-10 11:49 AM
    It sounds like this might be the case. I sent him an email and will try to get in touch with him. So all that would need to happen in this case is he needs to release the PIN and IMEI then im good to register?
    That's correct. Unfortunaltely you can't do anything else until then.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll have no problems with the seller... if you do, just give me their number
    10-04-10 11:52 AM
    I think ur screwed You will hafta contact the orginal owner to release the PIN and IEMI...
    10-05-10 01:49 AM
    Your not screwed, just contact the seller, theres no reason they wouldn't get the PIN released for you, well unless they're just a complete ***!
    10-05-10 08:32 AM
    Ha ha well hopefully not. I sent him an email yesterday which got no reply so I'll try calling today. He took down his ad, but luckily I took a screen shot of it with his number on it.. And his postal code if things go.. Wrong

He seemed nice enough so I assume it wont be a problem. And this phones effin sexy so I'd like to try to get it up and running lol.
    10-05-10 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD