Hello
    i recently got a bb 9700 from off craigslist. i dont know the origina carrier and im trying to unlock it. In the menu there is a icon that says at&t mall but i put a att sim card in it and it says sos at the signal. I put a tmobile sim card and the phone works fine. Im trying to use the phone on at&t, i called and tried to have the phone attached to my number and they said the imei was not att. Im trying to find a service that unlocks phones but they all ask the original carrier.
    PLease help me

thanks
    08-29-10 01:15 PM
    What is the best unlock service? do i need to unlock the phone or is it at&t?
    08-29-10 01:15 PM
    There are two different BB 9700's sold in the world. To the best of my knowledge, the AT&T banded 9700 and Tmobile 9700 are not the same and therefore not compatable. I'm assuming your Bold is running the Tmo frequencies, and therefore will not run on AT&Ts network.

Do a search on BB 9700 bands and supporting carriers and you will find out what works with who, and which 9700 you have. Good luck.
    08-29-10 01:18 PM
    Iv been searching, can't future it out
    08-29-10 02:02 PM
    I've had both T-M and AT&T, and both work unlocked for me.
    08-29-10 02:33 PM
    Goto the unlock forums here on CB and see the various unlocking services, and a T Mobile 9700 will not get ATT 3G, but EDGE only if I'm right.

This is why you always meet the seller at your local providers store to make sure the phone is functioning to your satisfaction before purchasing it.

Good luck, but if there are already att icons there it should be fine, do you have a different att sim of a friend you can try ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-10 02:59 PM
    When you reboot the phone there's a splash screen that's usually set by the carrier branding the phone. For example, mine says TELUS, what do you see?
    08-29-10 06:04 PM
    The carrier splash screen can't be removed. Wish it could, but the vst/vsp file is hardwired.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-10 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD