I went online chat to request a unlock code for my 9700. Within 6hrs they sent me the code with no problem. I thought for sure i would get denied as I have requested a code within the last 30 days for another TMO phone. I am very pleased to now have my 9700 unlocked.

Does anyone else plan on doing this?
    11-19-09 09:24 AM
    I tried to do it over the weekend, but they told me I couldn't until after the 14 day "buyer's remorse" period.
    11-19-09 09:26 AM
    I tried to do it over the weekend, but they told me I couldn't until after the 14 day "buyer's remorse" period.
    try doing it thru online chat, thats how i did it. They were quite helpful.
    11-19-09 09:31 AM
    I requested mine today. He told me they will only do it every 90 days since the last time you requested it. I requested one for my 8900 less than 90 days ago but he said since I upgraded they would do it again for me. I was just wondering though.. Think they will do it again before the 90 days if for any reason you have to do a warranty replacement?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 09:47 AM
    What are the benefits of having your unit unlocked?
    11-19-09 10:12 AM
    For one if you go to another country you can get a local sim card for local service so you dont have to pay roaming charges and for two it increases your phones resale value
    11-19-09 10:15 AM
    For one if you go to another country you can get a local sim card for local service so you dont have to pay roaming charges and for two it increases your phones resale value
    Yes it definately increases resale value by at least $50, plus i travel and need to use foreign sims on occasion.
    11-19-09 10:16 AM
    It allows you to use the Blackberry with any other SIM instead of being locked and having the 'insert sim' message appear. So when I travel overseas, I insert the local SIM card in the unlocked Blackberry as opposed to be roaming on T-Mobile.
    11-19-09 10:19 AM
    How much does a local SIM cost you when you travel overseas? How does that whole process work, just curious?
    11-19-09 11:00 AM
    Anyway to unlock a couple of 9700s faster than 6hrs? I have TMo acct, 5 lines, and need it done asap.
    11-19-09 12:15 PM
    Anyway to unlock a couple of 9700s faster than 6hrs? I have TMo acct, 5 lines, and need it done asap.
    Try CellUnlock.net Wireless-Your #1 Source for Accessories, Parts, Repairs, Service & Unlocking! they unlocked my curve 8900 within like an hour. Not saying thats guaranteed by any means but they were very quick. They also have a 50% discount code for crackberry users. Search the username "CellUnlock" or "Cellunlock.net" hes got the code in the signature.
    11-19-09 12:20 PM
    Mine took about 24 hrs. Called on monday as soon as I got home from tmobile store and got the code tuesday morning.

11-19-09 12:21 PM
    Got mine within a few hours - I unlock all of my phones. Have probably had 3 or 4 in the past 9 months. All they ask me is Why, I say I'm in the military, they check my account, and voila! It came in handy a few times going over to Europe.

11-19-09 12:25 PM
    I am new to this but does ATT offer a system to unlock like this? Thanks.
    11-19-09 12:32 PM
    What's up we can get them done in less time than that.

I am new to this but does ATT offer a system to unlock like this? Thanks.
    They do, but you must meet their requirements in order to get one for free.
    11-23-09 05:24 PM
    Talk to us. We can do them for you also. We offer instant unlocking services. Just metion CB for the instant option instead of the slow option.
    11-23-09 05:55 PM
    We can help you unlock your Blackberrys and codes are sent instantly
    11-24-09 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD