My 9700 just yesterday started unlocking itself. I'll lock it with the top left hand corner button, 5-10 seconds later it'll unlock itself and the light will stay on. Anyone else experiencing this? I don't think its a software issue as I've had this OS build (862) for awhile. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-11 12:31 AM
    This happens when it's taken out of the holster. Normal in my opinion. If it's something else and you aren't taking it out, then you should try a battery pull.

01-15-11 02:07 AM
    I experienced the same thing on .862

I checked the Event Log just after it happened, and found that Memory Cleaner had automatically activated which unlocked the phone and took it out of standby. Strange thing was, I didn't even have Memory Cleaner enabled... and I never have had

I only saw this happen the once, but I'm sure it did it often because Memory Cleaner was always randomly activating according to the Event Log. I noticed the same thing in every other OS after .862 (.939 .979 and .1014) so I downgraded back to .656 where it never happens.

01-15-11 03:44 AM
    I'm gonna go with either a stuck button or a glitch as it fixed itself that evening! Very very weird. Was about to update the OS to OS 6 to see if it would fix it. By the way I don't use the holster. Hopefully it won't happen again! Just seeing if anyone else has encountered this. Thanks!
    01-16-11 11:15 AM
    The exact same problem is happening to my 9700, very annoying. I would press the top left button and lock it, and 5-10 secs later it unlock itself.
    I tried using the A key to lock, and the same routine applies.

My phone would never stay locked for more than 10 seconds now.

Tried battery pulled, and no luck.

Using 5.0.0.979
    01-23-11 05:49 PM
    The exact same problem is happening to my 9700, very annoying. I would press the top left button and lock it, and 5-10 secs later it unlock itself.
    I tried using the A key to lock, and the same routine applies.

My phone would never stay locked for more than 10 seconds now.

Tried battery pulled, and no luck.

Using 5.0.0.979
    Do you have a holster or slide in pouch to keep inside when not in use? That'll keep it locked.

01-23-11 07:15 PM
    Do you have a holster or slide in pouch to keep inside when not in use? That'll keep it locked.

Well I don't, but that's not the solution. The phone should kept locked after pressing the key-lock button.

But now it unlocks itself after just 10 seconds. So frustrating.
    01-25-11 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD