i have a 9630 tour from sprint thats unlocked. it was runnin on tmobile but i ended my contract. now i wanna put it on metro pcs. i know metro is cdma but i heard you have to reflash the phone. if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great. thanks in advanced
    02-18-10 09:07 PM
    I don't believe you can use another carrier's CDMA phone on another CDMA carrier. AFAIK you're limited to using the Tour on GSM carriers.
    02-18-10 09:36 PM
    I don't believe you can use another carrier's CDMA phone on another CDMA carrier. AFAIK you're limited to using the Tour on GSM carriers.
    thats most definitely not true the tour comes for cdma sprint and verizon are both cdma. the thing is i seen storms 9550 operating on metro and they are cdma when i asked the owner how it was done he said he has no idea he paid 2 get it done but it was reflashed he said.
    02-18-10 09:45 PM
    You can go to any MetroPCS store and they will do it for you
    02-19-10 08:20 AM
    It can be flashed, but need to find a Metro PCS store that is willing to activate it on their network. As they no longer do so unless its already previously been in their database.
    02-19-10 11:05 AM
    And keep in mind that native Email application will not work
    02-19-10 11:26 AM
    And keep in mind that native Email application will not work
    Metro PCS has BIS service.
    02-19-10 11:41 AM
    Metro PCS has BIS service.
    Yes they do, but if you were to take a Verizon/Sprint Blackberry phone to get flashed to Metro PCS, the native email application would not work, unless things have changed in the past couple of days
    02-19-10 11:45 AM
    Since Metro PCS sells their own BlackBerry, there is a good possibility that they won't let people use devices from other carriers on their network any more. http://www.metropcs.com/announcements/phones/blackberry/default.aspx

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-19-10 12:06 PM
    I only a few flashers who can get everything to work on a BlackBerry for Metro PCS.
    02-19-10 01:09 PM
    Seriously? never came across one that was able to do it. If any names come in mind let us know.
    02-19-10 01:20 PM
    Will do
    02-19-10 01:22 PM
    Seiously, we know hundreds of customer who would love to use a Storm 2 on Metro PCS if they can fully use the native email application.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-19-10 01:28 PM
    Is there any way to get a phone that has been flashed to Cricket to go back onto the Spring network
    03-01-10 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD